CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE

A/N: I went ahead and released this a week early. I'm ahead almost two chapters, so that's good enough for me. I really hope you enjoy it. Drop me a comment.

CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE

The next day was even colder than the last, the bitter wind tearing through Konoha and causing everyone on the street to seek shelter. Yuna spent most of her days behind academy walls and out of the terrible weather and Boruto, having nothing on his agenda, opted to forego his usual training and stay inside.

The sky was a brilliant blue, for any clouds were soon swept away by the chaotic winds, and Yuna gazed out the window on her break, dreaming of summer days when the sky was that same clear color, but she could feel the warmth of the sun on her face, not the cold sting of winter winds.

She hurried home, spurred on by the thought of a warm house and a hot drink and was thankful her apartment was only a few short blocks from where she worked. Upon reaching her front door, it took her a moment to slip the key into the lock as her usually steady hand trembled from the cold. When she finally succeeded, she hurried inside and was welcomed by warm air and delicious fragrances and was surprised to see Boruto standing over their stove doing something that looking suspiciously like cooking.

"Hey you." She said, wandering into her kitchen, drawn by the wonderful aroma and sheer curiosity since Boruto wasn't exactly known for his skills as a cook.

"Hey." He answered, smiling slightly when he saw her curious look. "Hungry?"

"Starving." She answered when she saw two pans on the stove, one heating up two grilled cheese sandwiches and the other simmering a creamy red liquid that could only be tomato soup.

"Wow, I'm impressed." Yuna smiled, watching the Jōgan user flip the sandwiches to reveal perfectly golden sides.

"Don't be. Grilled cheese isn't exactly S-class difficulty and the soup is out of a can."

Yuna giggled and positioned herself behind him, wrapping her arms around his waist and laying her cheek against his back.

"It doesn't matter. It's exactly what I wanted to eat."

She could hear him chuckle and feel his back vibrate with the sound.

"Is that so?" he asked, his tone obviously amused.

"I didn't know it until I walked in the door but it is." Yuna smiled, equally playful.

They stood there a moment in silence, Yuna wrapped around him and Boruto enjoying her touch as he finished their meal. When the second side of their sandwiches were as brown as the first, he flipped them onto separate plates and filled coffee mugs with tomato soup. He claimed drinking soup this way was less messy and more functional but Yuna never ceased to roll her eyes at him for it. Tonight was no exception.

"We have bowls you know." She said as she took her plate and mug and followed him out to the couch.

"I know." He said simply in a tone that said the apartment could have been filled with bowls but he still would have filled a mug instead.

The subject was instantly dropped when she bit into her sandwich. How long had it been since she had had one of these? She had forgotten just how good they were and continued to eat in silence, placated by the food that was perfect for a cold night in a warm house.

"What time do you want to head over to Yakiniku Q tomorrow?" Boruto said, disturbing the quiet as he sipped soup out of his mug.

"Oh yeah, Sarada invited us, huh?" Yuna sighed, settling back against the plush couch. "It's so cold out there and cozy in here, I kinda don't want to leave."