CHAPTER THIRTY-FIVE

A/N: Hey everyone. Welcome back to another installment of Mine to Take. I really hope you enjoy it. There's about 3-4 more chapters left, and I'm trying to find the motivation to finish it. :/ It's been a rough few weeks and I'm trying to get back on track with everything going on in my hectic life. But anyway...hopefully it's to your enjoyment. Have a good weekend!

CHAPTER THIRTY-FIVE

"Boruto! Boruto!" Sarada's voice was urgent, pulling him from the depths of his nightmare, the depths of his despair. "Wake up. Wake up."

He awoke and she was leaning over him, grasping his shoulders, shaking him, her face etched with anguish, black eyes wide and brimming with tears.

"Sarada." His voice was a breathless whisper, the taste of fear tarnishing his mouth. "Where is she?"

"Who?"

"Yuna." he said as the black choking panic coursed through his body. "Where is she?"

"I'm not sure," she answered, her voice soft and hesitant. "I felt a strong surge of chakra at this location. When I arrived I only saw you on the ground, unconscious."

No. No. No. No way...No way...Please no. No

Shit," the Jōgan user growled as he struggled to sit up. He winced and clutched his right arm. "Ugh."

"What's wrong?"

"It's nothing," he growled as he got to his feet, body aching and mind spinning as he tried to get his bearings.

Napalm Fist was not to be trifled with. If it wasn't for Momoshiki leaving him Kāma, he and the entire village would have been blown to smithereens. Fortunately he was able to absorb the technique. However, it had taken a major toll on his body.

"We have to hurry. They couldn't have gotten far."

Sarada shook her head sadly.

"Boruto, the storm hasn't let up. Whatever tracks they might have left behind are gone."

No, No, No.

Having lost Yuna to Ataru, after going through so much to protect her, Boruto collapsed to the ground into a state of shock.

~MINE TO TAKE~

Yuna's eyes fluttered open, and then fell shut. Every time she reached for consciousness, something knocked her back down. She'd never been this tired in her life. Even as her conscious mind began to grasp details from what happened, her body demanded sleep. She gave in yet fought the unsettling urge. Something wasn't right about it. The weariness weakened her muscles, sank into her tired bones.

As she drifted in and out of sleep, her stomach twisted, sickness brewing in her gut. The potent nausea and the real threat that she'd be sick right where she lay was what finally propelled her out of bed. On her feet, she rushed to the trash can, kneeling before it as she was violently sick, retching and gagging until her stomach was completely empty of its contents.

Several exhausting minutes later, she sat unmoving on the floor. Her head rested on her arm as she caught her breath.

She opened her eyes to find herself in unfamiliar surroundings. She had no idea where she was. The shades were drawn over the windows, leaving the room dim.

She had no recollection of coming here, or even leaving Konoha. She had to wonder if Ataru had ordered her to walk calmly to wherever they were and then forget all about it.

She wondered where Boruto was, and if he'd be able to find her.

"Yuna-sama?"

A woman's voice came up behind her. A middle-aged woman entered the room. She had long, black hair that was loosely tied at the tip with bandages and clear blue eyes; she wore a simple, light-brown kimono with black edges and a pair of worn, black ankle-boots. Her eyes brim with concern when she saw her.