O47 ~ Lullaby

'Tom!' You shout through the house while carrying your crying infant, bouncing him up and down in a desperate way to calm him down. 'Come on, sweetie. I fed you, changed you and played with you. You were rubbing your eyes! That's a sign that you're tired! Usually.. Please stop crying.' You mumble but you can't seem to get him to shut up.

'He's tired but when I layed him down, he changed his mind or something and now he won't stop crying.' It makes you feel like a bad mom while you do everything for him. You're just thankful you're not in a public space now because what would happen if the paparazzi saw you then?

The breathing of Oliver is heavily unsteady but there is nothing you can do to calm him down. 'Come here.' Tom says and takes him from you, only to fail at first too. But eventually, after singing softly to him, his eyes start to shut and his breathing goes back to normal. Tom is singing the song I saw the light by Hank Williams since it was used as a lullaby in the movie he played in. Softly bouncing Oliver up and down, rubbing his tiny back while occasionally pressing a kiss on his head. It's working and in no time, Oliver is down in the bed. Tucked in and fast asleep.

You're staring at it all in awe, wishing it would go this easy with you. 'I have to admit, I'm slightly jealous.' He chuckles and wraps his arm around you when walking out of the room and flipping the light switch. 'He just needed his father. That's all. Don't be jealous. Most of the times he prefers you.' He presses a kiss on the side of your head while his hand is resting on the small of your back.

'Don't take this the wrong way but I'm glad it's done for today. Until say, four am. I'm so tired but I want some "us" time.' Just the two of you together. 'I get it.' He hums and pulls you in for a tight hug. 'Does that make me a bad mom?' Everything you do, say or think is making you insecure at the moment. Because all you want is to be a good mom. Or at least a decent one. 'No, of course it doesn't. Every new parent has this. I often think like that and it makes me wonder if I'm a bad father but it's normal. We're just tired..' It makes you smile, knowing you're not alone in this. 'I feel bad for leaving in two weeks but it's only for a weekend. I'm really happy your parents can babysit him. His first stay with his grandparents.' Oliver is three months old now so you have to think this through in so many ways. Seeming that you're breastfeeding him, it's priority that you have enough in bottles for the weekend etc.

'They couldn't talk about anything else when I asked them.' Tom chuckles and you're not surprised about that. 'I bet! I hope they like staying awake.' You can almost feel the nights on that weekend where you don't have to get up. No matter what! Just a few nights sleeping like there is no tomorrow.

'I know you want some quality time but could we please just lie down in bed for that? I feel like I could collapse any minute now.' You nod and let go of him to then shuffle towards the bedroom. When you're both ready for bed, you let a satisfied sigh roll over your lips. You roll over to him and smile at him. 'Could you sing to me?' You ask sweetly and watch how he rolls over to your side. 'What would you like me to sing?' You tick some strands of hair behind your ear and ask for the lullaby he sang to Oliver. 'You have no idea how many times I heard you sing it in that movie. But I love it!' He leans in to kiss your slips softly. 'Ok.' He rolls over so he is lying on his stomach to then softly start singing to you. You're wondering why he never chose a singing career but that thought vanishes pretty soon when you feel your eyelids getting heavy.

Somewhere in the distance you hear his voice as you finally fall asleep. Until four.

{A/N} Short chapter! I hope you like it! Leave a comment!