Ch 7: Nightmares

ENTWINE

[Chapter 7: Nightmares]

------------------------------------------------------------

QingHe's House, Shanghai;

"FAI, STOP RUNNING!" Shancai shouted, chasing after her son who was running naked around the living room.

LiZen is standing at one corner watching the two in amusement.

QingHe joined in the chase and quickly caught the boy in his arms.

"LET GO!" Fai shrieked, pushing QingHe's face away from him.

"Shop zat Fai!" [Stop that Fai!] QingHe demanded. His face contorting by Fai's pushing hands.

"Oh my goodness...Thank..you!" Shancai panted and took the boy from QingHe.

"Are you okay, Shancai?" QingHe asked worriedly.

Shancai took a deep breath and tried to control her panting. "Sure! No worries."

Fai looked at his mother and reached for her hair. "Mama, bad!" He shouted.

Shancai frowned at the boy and untangled his fingers from her hair. "Stop it, Dong Xin Fai!" She reprimanded.

The young boy looked away and pouted.

"Let's go and have you dressed. I still need to pack our things for our flight tomorrow." Shancai added.

Lizen and QingHe both watch Shancai walked back to their room. Exchanging glances, both amazed by Shancai's motherly actions.

A sudden knock on the door surprised the couple.

"Let me check it." LiZen offered and opened the door.

------------------------------------------------------------  

Shancai and Fai's room;

Shancai put a sweater on Fai. Still frowning, unhappy with the child's earlier mischief.

Fai innocently watched his mother's face.

Shancai then wrapped a blue scarf around the boy. Securing that he will be warm enough for the day.

Winter in Shanghai can't be taken lightly. For Fai who was born in Hunan, she's worried that the winter in Shanghai would be too much for his small body. Especially since...she shook her head and pushed the memory away.

"Mama~" Fai called sweetly.

"Yes?" Shancai answered flatly.

Fai pouted and started playing with the bottom of his sweater. "Sorry~"

Shancai looked up and stared at her son.

His small cute pout. His big dark brown eyes. She could already imagine the many hearts that this boy will break in the future. She smiled. "Really?" She asked teasingly.

Fai looked up and nodded. "Yeah!" He shouted. As if forcing his mother to believe him.

Shancai chuckled at this and pulled Fai in a hug. "Okay-okay~ no more shouting. Mama's ears will get hurt."

Fai excitedly nod and wrapped his arms around his mother's neck.

A few knocks on the door interrupted their moment.

"Coming!" Shancai picked up Fai and opened the door.

Her eyes widened upon seeing who was behind the door. "Lei?"