Ch 10: Stepping Up

ENTWINE

[Chapter 10: Stepping Up]

----------------------------------------------------

Tian Tower, Hunan;

Shancai was standing in front of the chairman's door as she fixed her suit. She took a deep breath and pulled a smile.

She rarely meets the chairman. TianYe's father is a busy man. The chairman is always travelling around the world and meeting businessmen everywhere. Though the times she met him was rare and far in between, Shancai respects the man.

She would always be grateful for the help that both his son and he had given to her.

----------------------------------------------------

*Flashback*

"Father, this is DongShancai." TianYe said, introducing the woman standing stiffly beside him.

They waited months to finally see the man and now they are standing in front of Chairman Tian's table.

Shancai tried her best to hide her nervousness. She had always had trouble dealing with rich people. Their faces are the hardest to read. In years that she has been alive, she could not tell whether the smile they show is out of kindness or just a mask.

"Shancai?" TianYe called.

Shancai snapped out of her thoughts and immediately bowed. "Good afternoon, sir!" She raised her head and met the Chairman's eyes. "I am DongShancai, a pleasure to meet you." She said with a shaking smile.

She saw the old man chuckled and waved his hands.

"Oh, you're too formal! Please relax. I'm not going to fire you." He said cheerfully.

Shancai couldn't help but return the smile. "Thank you, sir." She answered politely.

TianYe felt relieved to witness this. He was glad to see that his father agreed to keep Shancai as their employee.

The old man stood up from his chair and walked closer to Shancai. His hands clasped behind him.

He stopped in front of Shancai and leaned down, looking straight at Shancai's eyes.

Shancai gulped and blinked twice, baffled by the old man's strange action.

"You have honest eyes." He said suddenly with his a smile.

Shancai didn't respond and watched the chairman straightened up.

He nodded slowly and returned to his chair.

"I like people with honest eyes." He said with amusement. "They are very rare to find." He added.

**End of Flashback**

----------------------------------------------------

"Ms Dong." Alex said.

Shancai blinked twice and met the eyes of Chairman Tian's secretary.

She watched the man opened the door and smiled at her. "The chairman's waiting for you." He stated.

Shancai returned the smile and nodded. She pushed some her of hair to the back of her ear and entered the office.

----------------------------------------------------