Chapter 15

Dawn tied her hair up with a beige ribbon and sharpened her dagger, strapping it to her thigh.
My fingers itched to slip it out of the wine-colored coils and brush them through the alluring mass.
"I like it when your hair is down," I tell her, packing our belongings.
"Deal with it, darling," she retorted.
I broke a lembas bread in half, tossing the other fragment to Dawn.
"Better get going," she said, chewing on it.

"Frodo! Frodo, darling, look! Do you see what I see!"
My hand over my squinting eyes that soon broadened, I grinned and replied, "Yes! We made it, Dawn!"
The crisp water flowed gently as we cheered for ourselves.
"The Entwash river! We can finally clean this muddy scent off of us and then head on straight to Emyn Muil or even take the path to Gondor!"
I scrutinized our options. Thankfully we won't have to run into Smeagol, but last time I went to Emyn Muil, Sam and I walked around in circles.
"Gondor will possibly be the best choice."
"Think about this, Frodo: we may see Aragorn and his wife on the way there."
Perhaps we will, but I doubt it.
"I don't know about you, but I could gobble up some fish. We can have luncheon right here!"
"What about a bath first?"
"That can wait!"
"But"-
She ran to the river, hiking her skirts up as she stomped wildly into the water, gripping her dagger, stabbing it into the fish that swam around her.
I sat down on the grass, watching her go mad in the water and smiled again.
To see her joyful during this quest was wonderful.
She had no cares that she was the offspring of a monster; she was Dawn, simply Dawn.
She bent down to gather all the fish and presented them.
"Can you start another fire, Frodo? These ones look very"-
Her face dropped, the fish still in her grip.
She didn't twitch.
Instead, she slowly marched out of the river, dropping the fish on the ground, and bowed.
"Dawn?"
I turned around to what she was bowing to.
Mounted on the white stallion, the Elf maiden hid herself under a silvery hood and pushed it back to expose a fair face with dark arching brows slashed above her eyes.
The Elf was recognizable; a delicately pale complexion, high cheekbones, a pert nose, a round chin, and full lips the color of ripe apples. Her oval-shaped face carried deep pools of shimmering violet.
Beneath her matching velvet gown was her large bump that cradled her unborn child and on both sides of the horse were two guards, their spears aimed at us.
She gestured to them to put their weapons away and her lips were pulled back in a kind smile.
"My Lady Arwen," I whispered, bowing.
She dismounted her horse and as she bent down, her slender fingers tilted my chin up.
Her eyes fastened onto Dawn's and she patted her head.
"If your people are frightened of me, tell them that you have captured the daughter of Jafilyn and her execution will be a burning at the stake," she murmured, choking on her tears.
"Now why would I do such a thing to you? I am here to help you and Frodo," she responded softly.
She clicked her fingers and a brown pony trotted to us. Grabbing its reins, Arwen said, "This is Coluwr. He will be behind me and he will be your ride as we go to Minas Tirith."
Our faces grew bright at the mere mention of the city.
One of the guards assisted her to mount the horse again then us and soon we were traveling on the horses to the City of Gondor.