Epilogue

Elrond, Galadriel, and her husband Celeborn introduced themselves to our cooing daughter, her tiny hands clutching their fingers.
They smiled and planted small kisses on her forehead before they boarded the ship as Gandalf watched Dawn walk to Merry first and embraced him, allowing him to hold Summer for the last time.
Sobbing, he said to her, "It hurts knowing that I won't see you grow up, little Summer. But you better have a big heart like your mother and father when you do, you hear me?"
Kissing her forehead, he continued sobbing as he placed her in Pippin's arms.
With a quivering smile, he whispers, "When you're older, write many letters, alright? Write to your Uncle Peregrin everyday and I hope you live happily with your mother and father. I love you, Summer."
He kissed her forehead as well and finally gave her to Sam.
The manner he held my child was heart-shattering; he held her as if she was his own and fat droplets rolled past his reddened face as he bawled.
"Oh, Miss Summer! You're everything to us and your folks. Your dad and mum will take good care of you. Perhaps we will meet in the future, dearest. We all love you so much."
He gave her back to Dawn and she embraced all of them, never wanting to let go.
"Farewell, my beloved lads. All of you have been so amazing to me and you've protected me the second you laid your eyes on me. No longer am I the daughter of Jafilyn...I am Dawn Starkin-Baggins, your dearest friend and I shall cherish our memories together in the Shire. Please remember me by this."
Their hands out, locks of her hair were laid in their open palms and they withheld their cries.
"I'll miss you all," she said.
She kissed each of our crying loved ones and she boarded the ship, cradling Summer and there she waited for me with the others.
I was abandoning my life in Middle-earth and everyone I loved. One by one, I embraced Merry and Pippin then my sweet Sam.
I mentally thanked him for being one of the most precious individuals I have ever known and praised him for his love.
I kissed his forehead, joining my wife, the three Elves, and Gandalf.
I looked back and smiled at Merry, Pippin, and Sam.
They'll forever stay in my heart and even in death, they'll be on my mind.
The White Ship began to sail off and I lovingly kissed Dawn, ready for our new life in the Undying Lands.
Goodbye, Bilbo and Sam.
Goodbye, Merry and Pippin.
And goodbye, Middle-earth.