Chapter 18: My past...

I remember the day it all happened...the day my life became a living hell...

The day I lost my best friend to those damn bastards..

I was only seven at the time, just a normal kid in the second grade with real friends, not fakes ones.

But like they say, where ever there's light there's shadows....

---

It was cold outside while my class was out for recess, everyone running around for each other as they played tag.

But, not me, I was just sitting on the swing set watching everyone silently, smiling and waving at the people who said hi to me. Sadly, that's all I really did at recess....I was friendly with the other kids, but it was just my quiet, silent, tim-

"Sabrina!," a small voice called from behind, making me turn to the black haired girl. Marissa.

Marissa, my best friend, had waist length black hair and sea blue eyes that twinkled in the sun if she was at just the right angle. Her small purple mitt covered hand waved in the air as she ran to me, a huge smiled on her face as she pushed her dark blue scarf out of  her mouth. To almost everyone she was a sweet, well behaved girl.

Wrong.

Big time.

"Sabrina! Stop staring at me, it creepy...," Marissa stated after a few seconds of me not saying anything. "Sorry...," I mumbled looking at the ground, my blue bangs covering my eyes.

"It's okay, just don't do it all the time. People are going to think you a lesbian...," she said sitting on the swing next to me. Like I said, she wasn't really sweet and well behaved most of the time. She acted twice her age in fact.

"Sorry," I said digging my chin into my red scarf, sighing softly. "Whatever...," Marissa mumbled swinging her legs back and forth, "oh, and my mother said you can spend the night since its a Friday," she smiled in delight.

"Great," I smiled at her, pushing a strand of my blue hair out of my face, getting tired of moving it. "Hey, let me fix your hair Sabrina," Marissa said hopping off the swings and waving a me to follow her the a park bench. "Okay...,"

Once I sat down at the edge of the bench, Marissa pulled a red hair tie out of her pocket, motioning me to turn. As I did a strong wind blew, making my hair fly around like leafs. "Your lucky to have this kind of hair," Marissa commented moving all my hair to the side of head, leaving my bangs to hang across my forehead.

"No I'm not...," I stated crossing my legs, "it's different...," my voice hitched as she pulled a strand slightly, "And what's wrong with being different?," she question, wrapping my hair into a side ponytail.

"Nothing but...," I stumbled as her hands brushed some of my blue bangs out of my face. "That's right, nothing is, so be happy,"  Marissa smiled, "your just special is all, learn to accept it," she stated pulling a hair clip in the form of a black rose out of her pocket, clipping it in my hair by my ponytail.

"Thank you Marissa...," I smiled patting at the clip, "I'll give it to you back to you tomorrow," I promised, only to have her swat her hand, "Keep it, it's yours now," she stated with a small smile.

Before I could tell her something, our teacher blew the whistle, signaling the end of recess. "Come on," Marissa said pulling me by my hand, "I'm freazing my ass off...,"

"Marissa! Your not supposed to curse!," I scolded her, bit she just laughed, pulling me inside the warmth of the school.

---