Chapter Two

Chapter 2

Cameron paced back and forth with baby Farrah in his arms, so deep in thought that he didn't realize that she began to stir and feel uncomfortable. "Cam?" Kay finally spoke up.

"Hmm?"

"Do you want me to take Farrah?"

Cam suddenly noticed Farrah's discomfort, "Oh. Yeah, thanks Kay, I think she needs a bottle... or a diaper change" Kay took the little girl from him and Cam asked, "This means that Farrah's my niece... doesn't it?"

"If the DNA results come back positive but... I think she is."

Cam's eyes began to glisten, "Kay... why do I keep finding lies in my family history? I mean Fiona... I don't even know if she even knew she had brothers, brothers that would have taken her in if... if they had known. If she knew, she must of thought we-I didn't care she existed"

That's when Kay snapped, "Of course you care! Cameron Black, you are the kindest man I've ever met! You're loyal, caring, and you would do anything for the people you care about. You were even willing to break your brother out of prison and let yourself become a criminal-" Kay suddenly stopped when she noticed Cam giving her a shy smile, "What?"

"You think too highly of me Kay"

"I'm not bias here Cam. Look at Farrah." Cam was confused but Kay continued but trying to get Farrah to look at her uncle, "Farrah? Look at Uncle Cameron" Farrah happened to look Cam's way and the little girl giggled, "See?"

Cameron was silent for a moment, "...No. I'm not following."

Kay rolled her eyes, "Babies are the best judge of character" Farrah reached her arms out for Cam to hug her.

Cameron took her from Kay again, "Are you sure? Mike's a good guy, Farrah almost cried when I tried to hand her to him"

"Yeah but... you're her uncle" Kay smiled.

Cameron looked at the baby he held in his arms and he was struck with realization, "I'm an uncle... I'm her uncle." He hugged the girl tighter in his arms, "Kay, we need to find out what happened to Fiona, not just for Farrah but for her too... my sister deserves justice."

Just then Mike walked in, "Hey guys."

"Hey Mike, got anything?"

"Yeah, we managed to track down Fiona's last known address." Mike noticed little Farrah starting to fall asleep, "Just a quick note Cam, I would recommend holding her head up, I think she's about to fall asleep."

Cameron quickly fixed the way he was holding her so that his hand was supporting her little head, "Thanks Mike, don't exactly have much practice when it comes to kids." He gave a nervous chuckle.

"How you holding up Cameron?"

"As well as anybody would given the circumstances, I guess."

"Well, the DNA results came back."

Kay perked up, "And?"

"Fiona... was Cam's sister, which means that Farrah is your biological niece." Mike paused, "I'm sorry that this is how you had to find out."

An idea came to Kay's mind, "Cam, why don't you take Farrah with you to the archive? I'm sure that the deception team would want to meet her. Mike and I can go see if we can find Shawn."

Cam smiled sadly, "That's a good idea, can you guys meet us at the archive when you're done?"

"Of course."