Chapter Seventeen

Chapter 17

Dina stood there smirking with her hands on her hips, "Well? Is there something you need to tell us?" Cameron and Kay looked at each other. Dina laughed, "Do you want me to call everyone else in so you can tell the whole class in one go?"

"Um... well... you see... there was a fly on Kay's face and I was just getting it for her." Cameron tried to explain.

Dina raised an eyebrow, "With your lips?"

Cameron was silent for a moment, "...Yes."

Dina and Kay both gave Cameron an "Are you kidding me?" look. Farrah gave out a giggle. Dina nodded, "Yeah, I don't think even Farrah's buying it." She looked to Kay, "What's really going on?"

Kay sighed, she couldn't lie to her friend, "Well... Cameron and I... we've sort of... started... something."

"Well, no offense darling but that's been painfully clear since the first day the two of you met."

"We're..."

"Together?"

Cameron butted in, "We can't really say dating right now because we haven't actually been on a date yet."

Dina looked intrigued, "But you've kissed? Well, I mean, obviously you've kissed because that did not look like a first kiss. When did this start?"

Cameron gave a nervous chuckle, "Uh, not last night but the night before."

Dina gave an amused chuckle, "Well, is there anything else you're hiding?"

"I... think so."

Kay nodded, "Should be."

Farrah let a squeal. Cameron grinned as he carefully put the bunny-shaped hood on her head, "You're going through a whole roller coaster of emotions, aren't you young lady?" Farrah let out a laugh as she placed her tiny hands on her little head.

Dina chuckled again, "I'm sorry but is that a rabbit on her head?"

Kay chuckled, "Don't look at me. That onesie was Cameron's idea."

Cameron raised his eyebrows, "You guys don't think the blue bunny's cute? Well, as a man with great style, I am slightly offended." He picked up Farrah and held her up so they were face to face, "They just don't get it, do they?" Farrah grabbed his nose and giggled, "Okay, why does this kid keep grabbing my nose?"

Kay chuckled, "Well, you do have a cute nose."

"Not as cute as yours." Cameron replied in a nasal voice as he tried to get Farrah to let go of his nose.

Dina let out a laugh, "Will you two stop flirting with each other and come and see what we found?"

"Sure, can you take Farrah?"

Dina took the child from Cameron, "Hello again my darling." Farrah smiled at Dina as her tiny hand grasped one of Dina's braids and pulled on it a little, "Oh, I like your hair too sweetie but I think it's best if we try not to take each other's." Farrah giggled as Dina removed the baby's hand from her hair.

They went back to the other room where the others were. "So, what did you find?" Kay asked.

Jonathan handed her a couple of documents like the ones Kay had found hidden in the mirror, "It seems that Shawn kept rejecting large sums of payments every month from his father."

Kay furrowed her brows, "His father?" She looked through the papers, "It seems the more we find out about them, the more confusing this case gets."