Chapter Twenty Two

Chapter 22

Kay opened her eyes and blinked for a few moments trying to adjust to the bright lighting. She didn't feel her injuries, she didn't feel pain... she didn't feel anything. She looked around and all there was in every direction, up or down, left or right, all she could see was bright white. She looked down and noticed that she was wearing a flowing white dress, "What the-"

"Yeah, it takes a bit of getting used to." A voice said from behind her.

Kay turned around and when she saw who spoke and she felt her eyes glisten, "Caroline."

Caroline gave a sheepish smile, "Hey sis... it's nice to see you. All things considered."

Kay went up to her little sister and gave her a longed-for hug, "I missed you so much."

Caroline hugged her back, "I missed you too."

"W-what's going on?" Kay finally asked, "Is this some kind of dream?"

Caroline hesitated, "Well... not really."

Kay hesitated, "A-am I dead?"

Caroline pursed her lips, "Again... not really. You see, you almost did but right now, you're... kinda in a coma."

"A coma? Wait, I'm still alive?"

Her younger sister nodded, "Yes."

"So then why... or how am I here?"

"I wanted to talk to you and... I saw my chance." Caroline shrugged, "It's not every day I get a chance to visit... and I also wanted to tell you that..." She hugged her older sister again, "It was never your fault."

"W-wha-"

"My... my overdose. It wasn't your fault. I need you to know that you were the greatest big sister I or anyone could have ever asked for."

Kay felt her eyes tear up as she tightly hugged her baby sister, "Caroline, I would have done anything to prevent what had happened."

"I know Kay. That's how you should know like I do that you still deserve to live and I don't mean just literally. I mean let yourself live. I'm glad that Cameron came into your life." Kay pulled back and gave her sister a look, "Oh, you think I didn't know about him? Kay, I can see whatever I want in the world of the living... of course, I have set some censors for myself because there is some messed up stuff going on down there."

Kay chuckled, "Yeah... I can understand that."

Caroline smiled, "You know you're going to have to wake up soon." Kay wanted to wake up but at the same time she didn't because she still wanted to spend just a little more time with her baby sister, "But don't worry Kay. When your time actually comes, we'll have an entire afterlife to catch up."

"How am I supposed to wake up?" She asked gripping her sister's hands.

"Well, before I tell you... there's someone else who wanted to speak with you."

"I'm sorry for delaying your return." Said a voice on Kay's left. She turned her head and saw a young woman with pale skin, dark curly hair and bright blue eyes that matched Cameron and Jonathan's to a T, "I just wanted to thank you personally."

Kay's eyes widened, "You're... you're Fiona..."

Fiona nodded, smiling, "Hi. It's nice to finally meet you."

"I-it's nice to finally meet you too." Kay said, still not believing what was happening, "H-how... I have to ask... did you know?"

"That Cameron and Jonathan were my brothers?" Kay nodded, Fiona smiled, "I actually learned about a few months ago. I found my birth certificate in one of my mother's old books and I saw that my father's name was written on it."