Chapter Six

Chapter 6

The elevator door dinged as it opened revealing a worn-out Kay holding two coffees and a groggy Cameron carrying Farrah in her baby carrier with one hand and a diaper bag with the other. Deakins was the first to notice the tired two, "Agent Daniels? Mr Black?"

"Hmm? Oh, good morning Sir." Cameron said yawning.

The older woman smirked slightly, "Late night?"

Cam nodded, "You could say that Sir. I mean, Farrah was actually out like a light once she got to sleep"

"Really?"

Kay nodded, "She's actually almost like an angel as far as babies go."

Deakins smiled, "I'm just not sure it's the best decision to bring in a child into this particular building."

"It was either having her and Cam in my office or having her stay with the Deception team in the Archive."

"And the Archive isn't exactly baby-proof."

Kay took a sip of her coffee which reminded her of something, "Oh, Sir, did we manage to find Farrah's birth certificate?"

Deakins nodded, "It was hidden in a jewellery box, I placed the file on your desk. Oh and Mr Black?"

"Yes?" Cameron looked up from the carrier.

"The autopsy has been completed and the corner was wondering if there was any next of kin wanting to see Fiona." Cameron didn't respond, "It is completely understandable if you don't want to-"

"N-no, I do. I think I should."

"Then I will let them know." Deakins gave a sad smile as she walked away.

Kay and Cameron walked to Kay's office. Kay put the two coffees down and picked up the file on her desk, taking the birth certificate out and reading it, "Looks like Farrah was born ten months and three weeks ago"

Cam placed the carrier on a chair and picked up his niece, "Ten whole months and three weeks huh?" Farrah leaned her head on Cam's shoulder and looked up at him with her big brown eyes, "Oh, come on, don't give me those eyes... I don't even know what you want that I'm not allowed to give you" Kay smiled at the interaction between uncle and niece. It made her think of how good Cameron was with kids, how he would make a good father one day. "Kay?" Cam's voice pulled her out of her thoughts, "Remember what... happened last night?"

Kay raised an eyebrow, smirking, "You'll have to be more specific."

Cameron smirked back, "I'm talking about what happened between you and me."

Kay blushed slightly, "Oh."

"I want to do this right so I was wondering if..."

"If?"

"If you'd like to go on a date with me. An actual date where we dress up and go out for a fancy dinner that we wouldn't do otherwise. What do you say?"

Kay smiled, "I'd like that... but instead of the fancy dinner, what about regular dinner and a movie?"

Cam grinned, "That's sounds even better." Farrah suddenly made a squealing sound, "See, even Farrah thinks so." Cameron then looked down in thought.

Kay put the files down, "Cameron?"

"Would you be willing to come with me? To the morgue? I don't think I can say both hello and goodbye to my sister alone." The mood suddenly changing

Kay nodded, "Of course, we can get Mike to watch Farrah for a bit."

"You can get Mike to do what?" Mike asked having overheard the conversation as he was walking past Kay's office.