Chapter Eight

Chapter 8

When Kay and Cameron returned to work, they went straight to Mike's office. Mike was in there, bouncing baby Farrah on his lap as she giggled, "Hey Mike," Cam said.

"Hey guys," He replied as he stood up holding the baby up. Farrah saw Cameron and she immediately held her arms and started waving her arms and legs to try and go to him. Mike, laughed, "I think someone missed her uncle."

Cameron took Farrah from Mike as her little hands gripped the fabric of his shirt, "I think she just recognized me. Thanks for taking care of her for a little while."

Mike waved his hand, "No problem. I think she's used to me now. Kid didn't cry once, just got a little fussy when she wanted her bottle. So... are you going to join us as we question Shawn's parents?"

Cameron nodded, "I am."

Kay spoke up, "But the plan is that Cameron hangs back for a few minutes so we can see the kind of people they are." She explained.

"Yeah, I mean, if they weren't active in their son's life, then who's to say that they even knew that they have a granddaughter?" Cameron added.

"That's a good plan." Mike admitted.

"We hope so." Cam then put Farrah in her carrier and she started to fuss a little. He took a pacifier out of the diaper bag and gave it to her... only to have her spit it out a few seconds later, "Okay, I think she sees through the charade of the pacifier. She's smart" He then gave her the pink dolphin and she seemed to calm down as she gripped the dolphin and held it close.

Kay smiled at the scene, "I think she just knows that the pacifier is not food so she's not going to waste her time with it." She helped Cameron pack up the bag, "Let's go."

They drove to a wealthy-looking neighbourhood, they reached the address they had found and went to the gate where there was a plaque over the intercom, "The Blanc Residence." Cameron read aloud, "I think that this is the place." Farrah gurgled in her car seat, "Don't worry kiddo, I didn't forget about you." He took her in his arms and she rested her tiny head on his shoulder, "One good thing about babies, they can nap almost anywhere."

Mike chuckled, "Well, not all babies. You actually got lucky with that one. My oldest son could never get to sleep."

Cam smiled, "Really?"

"Oh yeah, he always had to cry himself out before he would get any sleep."

They walked up to the intercom as a voice came from the box, "Hello? Whom is requesting to see Mr Blanc?"

Kay raised an eyebrow at the unnecessary formalities but played along, "FBI. We are here to speak with both Bennett Blanc and Vanessa Blanc."

"What about?"

Kay and Mike looked at each other with the same incredulous look before Mike said, "It has to do with their son. Shawn Blanc."

The intercom was silent for a moment then the sound of the gate buzzing came, "Please enter."

When they got to the front door, they didn't even have to knock; a butler opened the door and let them in, "Welcome to the Blanc Residence. The master and his wife will be with you shortly."

Cameron turned to Kay, "Well... I don't know about you but I'm getting some off vibes about this place already."

"Tell me about it." She replied.

"Okay, so let's go over the plan one more time." Mike said.

"Right, so you and Kay will question Shawn's parents and I will stay behind the door to see whether or not it's even worth bringing Farrah in."