ripped jeans

Summary: Phil starts wearing ripped jeans and Dan really enjoys it

TRIGGER WARNINGS: insecurity

Dan wore ripped jeans all the time.

That was something Phil had grown used to.

Black shirt and black jeans, knees exposed, clashing perfectly with his chocolate eyes decorated with hues of burgundy and hazel, the frame of his dark lashes, the occasional freckles dotting his skin, his slightly sun kissed complexion.

He wore clothes that fit his gorgeous form and in recent years, as he became more confident in himself, embracing his curls, painting his nails, and being open about his depression, he seemed to grow more and more beautiful.

Girls and boys longed for him, and it was a shock to Phil that he'd been bestowed with enough luck to have the pleasure of being his boyfriend and best friend.

And maybe his confidence was rubbing off on him.

Dan was the first person he came to when he realized he wanted to change his hair.

The first person to comfort him, and hold him, and tell him he would look good in any hair style, that everyone would love him just the same, and would want him to be happy.

Dan was the first person who ever made Phil feel even the least bit confident in himself, from standing up for him and his ideas, to making sure he could express his opinion, to constantly complimenting his appearance.

And now Phil's ebony hair was pushed back in a quiff, and he was comfortable with and without his glasses on.

He wore tight fitting shirts, unashamed of his figure, and he no longer believed he was useless.

And of course when he did, Dan was always there to press gentle promises into his bleeding heart and heal the reopened wounds.

So, of course when Dan looked so gorgeous in ripped jeans, their subscribers wanted to see him in a pair too.

Before, he never used to pay those requests much attention, and when he did his Viewers Pick My Outfits video, he just gave all the ripped jeans to Dan.

But now, he was actually considering it.

The more Dan walked down the stairs with his knees on show, skinny jeans hugging his thicc thighs and slender legs, and laced their fingers together, almost glowing with pride in his clothing choices, the more curious Phil began to feel.

He wanted to try it.

And that was new because he'd always slightly resented his paleness and never wanted to show it off more than he needed to.

But he really wanted to try it.

And he wasn't going to let his newfound confidence go to waste.

So he went to Hot Topic, he and Dan's favorite store, and bought several pairs of ripped skinny jeans, stuffing them in a plastic bag and rushing to his bedroom before Dan could see what he was carrying, shutting the door behind him, and turning to the mirror with a deep breath.

"Okay, let's do this." He said to himself seriously, picking out one of his tight, red checkered shirts from the closet.

He took off his clothes, careful not to mess up his quiff, and pulled out one of the pairs of jeans, black ones that would match well with his shirt.

He tugged the fabric over his legs, buttoning it around his waist and bending his knees.

Then he slid the shirt over his torso, buttoning everything but the top button and letting it hug his curves.