kiss me | song fic

Summary: Kiss Me by Ed Sheeran song fic

TRIGGER WARNINGS: depression, mentions of self harm

Settle down with me
Cover me up
Cuddle me in

Dan shuffled out of his room, rubbing his bloodshot eyes tiredly, the swirling pools of chocolate brown mixed with burgundy and gold, faded and washed out, the tear streaks on his damp cheeks giving away what he had been doing for the past few hours.

His eyebrows were pinched together, strawberry stained lips gauging together, tongue running over them, teeth twisting them harder and harder until the tangy taste of blood brought him back to reality.

He looked up, exhausted, empty gaze falling on the beautiful, gentle features of his boyfriend, Phil, who was watching his every move with worry brimming in his sapphire eyes, yellows and greens shimmering in their depths, a distressed frown painted across his face, and he ran his pale fingers through his ebony hair he walked over to him.

Silently, he wrapped his long arms around his waist and pulled Dan into his warm chest, comforting coffee scent surrounding him in a blanket of sweetness, chin resting against his sloping shoulder, exposed by the wide slipping neck line of his beige sweater, the sleeves falling over his fingers and making sweater paws. He placed his palm over the back of Phil's hand, leaning into him and forgetting his tangled mind for just a minute.

Lie down with me
And hold me in your arms

Phil combed through Dan's hair, smiling when he sighed contently at his soft touch.

He brushed his thumbs over his cheekbones, wiping away the remaining silver jewels hanging from his lashes and imprints of the constellations scattered over his skin, holding Dan gently together and letting the stiffness in his muscles drain and the cold melt from his bones.

And your heart's against my chest
Your lips pressed to my neck

Pools of cerulean seas, sunlight shimmering on the surface, watercolor paintings of pastel sunsets, waves and white foam rushing over the white sand, shells sitting in his palms and fingers laced, nose kisses, heated breaths on a warm, summer night, purple rain washing the blood from his hands and coloring his scars, creating rainbows.

That's what Dan thought when he looked at Phil.

A universe in one person.

A thousand universes.

I'm falling for your eyes
But they don't know me yet

Phil pressed his lips gently to Dan's eye lids, trailing them over his forehead.

He hummed a soft melody under his breath as he traced soothing circles over his skin, the breath taking sound filling the air and sweetening it so that Dan's breath wouldn't taste bitter in his lungs anymore.

He slowly opened them, staring at Phil with a deep fondness, heart swelling as he removed silver blades from his chest and replaced them with blue belles and white petals.

And with a feeling I'll forget
I'm in love now

Phil caressed Dan's cheek, crawling over his slender legs so he was sitting in his lap, straddling him.

"I'm in love with you."

Dan giggled softly, trying to hide his blush with his hands as his pretty laughter spilled from his mouth.

"I would hope so."

Phil smiled, tracing the bridge of Dan's nose.

"I'm serious Dan. I'm madly, deeply, hopelessly in love with you. I mean it. You're beautiful in every way. You're beautiful Dan."