the truth untold

Summary: This is based on the BTS song The Truth Untold. It's sad and beautiful and the song is about loving someone but not wanting to show them your scars and the "ruined part of yourself" so you put on a mask, and you know they will leave you so all you can do is "grow a flower that resembles you in a garden of loneliness." I 100% recommend it to everyone. Even if you've never listened to BTS in your life, that song just hits me right in the heart so I still recommend it.

TRIGGER WARNINGS: depression, self harm, anxiety, bullying, sexual assault

(Unedited)

Dan's long legs laid sprawled out in front of him, sunshine clinging to his lightening complexion, thighs pressed to the cool sidewalk, imprinting the smooth skin, as golden shadows shifted over his cheeks, blooming with roses, supple lips stained with cherries, pressing against each other, tongue pushing between them as his teeth left marks over them. He tasted the metallic tinge of blood as his bitten finger tips folded over his pink lighter, bright flames flickering on and off, eyebrows pinched. His chest rose slowly, the wide neck line of his over sized pastel blue sweater slipping over his sloping shoulder, the slight breeze kissing his jaw and neck, blowing out the small spark that had barely grown.

He felt the sudden presence of someone sinking down beside him, black jeans, crossed legs, mismatched socks, bright blue and green against pale ankles, the scent of coffee washing over him suddenly.

A slight smile tugged at the corner of his mouth, dimple making a small appearance as his best friend leaned over him and slowly took the lighter from his hands, fingers brushing against his tanned ones.

"You shouldn't do that," He said in his soft, gentle voice, laced with golden lullabies and dark blue starry nights. He tucked the lighter into the pocket of Dan's shorts as he laid his head of ebony hair in his lap, sapphire eyes shimmering with yellows and greens as they rose to met Dan's, cotton candy colored lips painted in a worried grin. "I'm worried you'll burn yourself."

Dan felt a sting in his chest, mind briefly wandering to the marks beneath his clothing as he combed his hand through Phil's dark strands, pushing his bangs away from his face.

"If I burn myself, I'll deal with the consequences." He replied, keeping his tone even so he didn't give away any sign that he was hiding something.

Phil's lashes fluttered over his snow white cheeks as a low hum vibrated in his throat.

"But then I won't be there to kiss it better."

Dan looked away, trying to hide the pink blush dusting his skin and the heat creeping up his neck.

"You could have come to my house, you know. If you didn't want to go home." Phil continued, knowing Dan only hung out behind school when he didn't want to go back to his parents and listen to them scream at each other all evening.

Dan sighed, tilting his head back and resting his curly head on the brick wall behind him, staring up at the deep blue sky, wisps of white clouds stretching across it.

"I didn't want to be an inconvenience."

Phil playfully rolled his eyes, reaching up and tilting Dan's head back down, his warm touch leaving Dan's skin tingling.

"You should know by now, that you could never be an inconvenience. We love having you over, you're only ever a pleasure to be around."

Despite the smile stretching across his face, Dan scoffed, denying Phil's heartfelt statement.

"Don't lie to me." He huffed, and Phil frowned at him, grasping the hand combing through his hair and pressing it to his chest, right where his heart was.