after the hike

Noah's p.o.v
We finished the hike, and we sat down at a wooden bench nearby.
"I'm hunrgy. Are you guys hungry?" Finn said suddenly.
"Yeah, I am." Y/N said.
"Me, too." I agreed, and looked down at my watch.
"Well, Finn's mom probably isn't coming for another 30 minutes at least. Why don't we grab a bite at this bakery near by?" I offered.
"Yes!" Finn got up to his feet "C'mon guys, let's go."

Your p.o.v
We started to walk to the bakery. I felt been slightly nervous, considering I've never been here before. Anything could happen, but although I didn't know Noah or Finn as well, I trusted them.
Noah probably noticed I was worried, because his pace slowed down to come next to me.
"Hey," Noah said, "You alright? You look a little tired."
"Oh, do I?" My face flushed red as I tried to fix my hair.
Noah laughed at this. "Let me help." He brought his hand up to my hair, and tucked my hair behind my ear. I felt as time froze as he did this.
"There," he said, taking his hand away.
"Thanks," I said awkwardly, and he nodded in reply. We continued to walk to the bakery.

*timeskip

We came to a small, yet pretty bakery. The walls were a pretty cream color, and the big sign had the name of the bakery. The inside was also nice, the walls were also a cream color, and the floors were shiny and very clean. There were many tables with a dainty, white, tablecloth drpaed over each table. A glass counter stood with beautiful cakes, cupcakes, breads, and more. Behind the counter was a girl, probably about our age.
"Hi! Welcome to our bakery, I'm-" the girl behind the counter said, then stopped. "Noah?"
"Ky!" Noah exclaimed happily.
"Hey! How have you been?" the girl asked,"I haven't seen you in ages!"
"I've been great! And my friends and I were just walking over at the trail over there," Noah said as he pointed near the way we came from, "and I remembered this place! Thought we'd get some thing to eat."
"Uh, sorry to interupt this reunion, but who's this, Noah?" Finn asked.
"Kyla's an old friend of mine." Noah explained, "You could say we were... childhood friends." Noah blushed a bit, and so did Kyla.
"Oh," Finn said. "I'm Finn." He smiled.
"And I'm Y/N." I introduced myself.
"Nice to meet you guys," Kyla smiled greetingly. "Oh, and of course, what would you guys like to order?"
"Hm," Finn stared at the menu and scratched his chin, "what do you reccomend?"
"Well, I totally reccomend our scones because they're de-lish!" Kyla flipped to a page with a different variety of scones.
We figured what we all were going to order. I was going to order a Y/FF (your favorite fruit) scone, and Noah ordered the same. Finn ordered a couple of scones.
Kyla came with our pastries on pretty plates, and sat down with us.
"I hope you don't mind if I sit here," she said as she smiled awkwardly.
"Of course not!" Noah reassured her. And so she sat down on the seat next to Noah's. I kinda got a weird feeling that her and Noah weren't just friends.
Could she be maybe Noah's girlfriend? Or maybe, Noah's ex? Thoughts ran through my mind about the situation.
"Um, Y/N?" Noah's suddenly asked as I looked up at him. "You alright?"
"Yup." I smiled at him, and he smiled back. Then, he went back to his conversation.
We finished our scones and tea that Kyla had prepared for us, and we all talked. Kyla was pretty nice. I wouldn't be surprised if she was Noah's girlfriend, but I shouldn't get too worked up, they litterally just reunited in who knows how long. And plus, I don't even know the relationship between them.

*timeskip*

We were all finished up eating, talking, etc.
"Alright," Finn said, after looking at a text notification he received, "We're gonna have to get going now."
"Awe, well it was nice seeing you again, Noah!" Kyla smiled and blushed at Noah. Okay, now I know there's probably something between them. Or was something between them.
"And great meeting you two!" Kyla said looking at Finn and me. I just smiled at her. We all got up, and left.
"So my mom's almost here, let's wait here for a while." Finn said, as be sat on a wooden bench. Noah and I followed.
"Soo," Finn said, breaking the silence, "Who was she?"
"An.. old friend." Noah fixed his hair a bit.

Noah's p.o.v
"Well-" I started, and Finn's mom pulled up in her car, and honked at us to get our attention. Talk about being saved by the bell. I got up immediately, and walked towards the car. I spotted Y/N and Finn looking at each other and shrugging in the corner of my eye. I rushed in, greeted her, and put my seatbelt on, and a few seconds later, so did Y/N and Finn.

Your p.o.v
The car ride was filled with talking about the hike, and the things we saw there. Finn's mom brought up some stories about the trail, and some hikes she had enjoyed there as a child. Thee stories interested me, and I listened and laughed, almost forgetting about my problems in my life.

*time skip*

We were in the neighborhood where we all live in, and suddenly, the car stopped, and made a powering off sound.
"What in the world?" Finn's mom was surprised by this, and so were we.
We all got out of the car to check the problem, and surely enough, the car had stopped working.
"Yeah, I think I'll have to call a tow-truck." Finn's mom said, scratching her head. "I'm sure we can get you two a ride then."
"Oh, no it's alright. I don't live too far from here, I can walk." Noah told Mrs. Wolfhard politely.
"Me, too." I said.
"Are you two sure?" Mrs. Wolfhard asked. "I mean, I can get you a ride like I said."
"It's alright." Noah and I both said at the same time. We looked at each other, and smiled.
"Alright, well I'm sorry about the whole, car breaking down thing." She apologized sheepishly, and we assured her it was okay. We thanked her for the car ride, and waved goodbye to Finn and his mom.
Now, I'd be walking with Noah. Just him and I. My heart raced a bit at the thought of it.
.
.
.
.
.
.
hi guys! i apologize for the short chapter, & also sorry i haven't updated in so long! i've been extremely busy, but i WILL continue this story :). thank you all for all of the reads & votes! please please vote if you enjoy my story! - maddie❣️.