chapter 22

Your p.o.v.
"See you guys!" Gaten waved at us, and jogged to his mom's car, shielding his head with his blazer in attempt to shield his hair from the hard rain pouring outside.

Caleb closed the door, and gave a sigh. "Wow, today passed by so quickly."

"I guess time really does pass by when you're with the right people." Finn added, sitting down, picking his mug up, and taking a sip of his hot chocolate.

Most of everyone who came to the get-together had left already, the only ones left were Caleb,Wyatt, Kyla, Finn, Jack, Noah, and me. We all sat around the table, mugs of hot cocoa in our hands to warm up from the cold thunder storm happening outside.

Noah moved the curtain blocking the window, and peeked out to take a look at the storm. He gave a sigh. "Wow, it's as if it wasn't just sunny and nice just a few hours ago."

Suddenly, a ringtone played from my phone beside me, indicating I had a call. Carefully, I set down my mug of cocoa, and picked my phone up, to see the call was from my Mom. "I'm gonna take this," I picked my phone up, and walked behind the wall of the living room entrance to find some privacy, and answered the phone.

"Mom?"

"Y/N," her comforting voice filled my ears, but a tint of worry lingered in her tone.

"Hey, Mom, is everything alright?"

"Yes, don't worry. Everything's fine," There was a big rumble of thunder on her side of the line. "It's just... my car died on the way to come and pick you up."

"What? Are you alright?"

"Yes, I'm actually at their car repair right now, warming up with some hot tea since I got all soaked earlier waiting for the tow-truck, but it's not me that I'm worried about," she paused for a moment. "I won't be able to come pick you up, with my car at least, so is there anyone to drop you off at home?" She hesitated for a moment. "But, if there isn't, I can walk there right now and we can walk home together."

"Walk here? Mom, have you not seen the rain? We'll be soaked!"

Mom laughed nervously, then took a sip of her tea. "I have an umbrella?"

I chuckled. "No, it's okay Mom. I'm sure someone will be able to drop me off. What about you?"

"The car won't be fixed until about another... 4 hours, so for the time being, I'll stay here, but make sure you let me know who's dropping you off, and when you're home, alright?"

"Okay," I said.

We both said goodnight, and we hung up. I closed my eyes, and took a deep breath; I haven't even confirmed if there was somebody who could drop me off, but I didn't want Mom to have to worry about me.

Feet shuffled in the doorway to the living room, and suddenly, someone poked their head out from the doorway; it was Noah. "What's up?" He tucked his hands into his pockets.

A smile started to form across my face when our eyes met, but it faded after everything Kyla said to me earlier in the restroom came back into memory. I turned away from him, and my gaze fixed to the floor. "Nothing. It was just my mom calling."