chapter 16

Your p.o.v.
   Slowly after some time, Jack pulled away. He opened his eyes, and smiled. "I like you." He'd said it again. "And, I'd like to ask," he paused awkwardly. "Will you go out with me?" I was more shocked at these words than I was at the kiss.

   "Uh- I-" my throat was dry, and I couldn't speak a word clearly.

   He gave a semi-smile. "Well, it was worth asking. I'm always here if you change your mind." He stuck his hands in his pockets. "Later." And he made his way out of the exit door.

   I stood in the same spot, still super shocked from what happened, and he could still say "later." so causally as if it's super normal to kiss a friend?

Jack's p.o.v.
   I walked out of the exit of the hospital balcony, and I looked to my right to see someone I hadn't expected to see.

   "Hey, Noah." I said.

   Noah had a familar look I'd seen once before, but I couldn't quite put my finger on it.

   "Don't 'hey' me," Noah said. "What the hell was that?"

   Ah. I got it; it's jealousy.

   "Well," I crossed my arms. "First off, I'd like to let you know that Finn does not like Y/N. I talked to him earlier." Noah looked at the ground nervously. "And, I think it's up to Y/N to decide who she likes, Noah." I said.

Noah's p.o.v.
   "And personally, I don't think she'd like someone who calls their kiss 'nothing'." Jack said, and I felt a rush of guilt and regret. I stayed silent.

Your p.o.v.
   I ended up staying at the balcony for longer than I'd expected because so much happened today, and I had a lot to process in my head.

   "Hey," I heard the entrance door open, and close indicating it closed gently.

   I glanced behind me and my heartrate picked up when I saw who it was. I turned around quickly back to the view avoiding eye contact. "Hi, Noah."

   Noah stood in that one area for a minute or so, then sighed and walked up to me. He leaned against the railing as I did.

   "So," he said, sounding like he'd rehearsed this before he talked to me. "What have you been doing up here?"

   "Um, nothing." I said, as my face turned hot as I thought about kissing Jack.

   I felt Noah look at me, but I didn't look back. "Oh," he said blankly. "I was starting to get real worried something happened to you, considering how long you've been up here."

   "Well, nothing has happened, so you can go hang with your friends." I snapped randomly. I felt his eyes on me, and saw his eyebrow raise at the corner of my eye. I still avoided eye contact.

   "Are you alright?" He asked me, trying to get me to make eye-contact with him.

   "Yup," I said, remembering not to snap again. "Thriving."

   We stood there in silence. It wasn't awkward silence, but just, silence. There were no signs of moods in this, it just consisted of Noah and I not talking, and the trees moving as the wind blew. A stronger rush of cold wind blew against us, and goosebumps formed on my arm. I rubbed my hands and arms in attempt to warm myself up.

   I felt Noah glance at me as I rubbed my arms and hands together. "Are you cold?"

   I looked at him, who was looking ahead at the view. "No." I lied.

   "You sure about that? I thought saw you shiver just now?" He brushed away my lie.

   "Busted," I said quietly. Then, I continued to warm my hands up.

   Noah looked at me, then sighed. He slipped off the hoodie he was wearing, and came behind me. He tapped my shoulder.

   "Yeah?" I asked, turning around.

   "Come closer." He said.

   "What? Why?" I said confused.

   "Just come." Noah ordered with a chuckle. I sighed, and stepped about two inches forward.

   "C'mon," Noah laughed. He tosses his hoodie over his shoulder, and used his hands to pull me close to him, like close. I was shocked by this, but I kept quiet, and kept my gaze to the floor. "There," Noah said, then grabbing his hoodie, he slipped it over me. I put my arms through the sleeves, and he pulled the hoodie down.

   He stepped back, and looked from the sides of me, from the front until I finally asked, "What?"

   "Nothing, it's just," he went a little quiet for a moment.

   "You know, it's okay. You can have your hoodie back, I don't-" I started trying to take off the hoodie when Noah grabbed my hands gently.

   "No. What I was trying to say was that you look good." He flashed a genuine smile, then as he realized I was looking at him, fixed his gaze ro the floor.
   Okay, in this moment, the devil and angel were on my shoulder telling me things.

   "He's adorable. Give him a seconds chance!" And, "He took your first kiss and called it nothing. Leave. Him."

   I'm pretty sure you can guess which one said which.

Noah's p.o.v.
   Y/N and I stood, just admiring the view in silence for a moment.

   After a short while of silence, Y/N's phone buzzed, indicating that  someone had messeged her. She turned her phone on, and typed something, then turned it off and slipped it into her-- my-- hoodie pocket.

Your p.o.v.
   "So, uh," I said, fixing my hair a bit, "My mom's waiting for me at the entrance of the hospital so, here." I started to take off Noah's hoodie to give it back, but then, he stopped me.

   "No, don't give it back," he said. "Keep it. You look cute in it." His voice went a little quiet at the word cute, but my heartskipped a beat.

   "Thanks," I said, smiling. "See you Monday." I waved at him, and walked out of the balcony.
.
.
.
.
.
A/N: hi! i hope you all are enjoying reading this! it honestly makes me the happiest person ever when i wake up to find out more people started to read my fanfic!🤧. thank you all for the continuous support! please vote, comment, & follow!💛.

also, another thing: if i made a finn woldhard x reader fanfic, would you read it? comment!