chapter 3

Your p.o.v
I dialed my mom's number, and she picked up a few seconds after.
   "Hey mom." I greeted her.
   "Hey, Y/N! How was your day?"
   "It was... actually pretty great. I was invited to a small get-together with a few friends I made today, Can I go?" I asked her, knowing she would let me anyway.
   "Of course!" She sounded proud and happy. "I have some errands to run, anyway."
   "Great! Thanks, Mom." I hung up, and smiled at Sadie and Millie.
   "I can come." I announced, and they both looked happy.
   Sadie's mom came to drop us off at Noah's. When we arrived, everyone was already there (as in Finn, Gaten, Caleb, Noah, and a few other friends that Finn had brought with him).
   "Oh, hey Y/N." Noah said as soon as he saw me. "I'm glad you came."
   I smiled at him. "Hey, and thanks for inviting me."
   "Alright, everyone ready to go?" Noah asked.
   "Um, where?" Millie asked. "I thought we were just gonna chill at your place?"
   "No, we're going to play laser tag!" Noah said as if it was the most obvious thing ever.
   "Wait, what?" Finn laughed.
   A car pulled up on Noah's driveway. "Oh, that's my mom. C'mon guys, let's go."
   We all followed him out and into his mom's car. She drove us to a laser tag center. When we got there, we all walked in, and started to play a few minutes afterwards.
   We decided to play without teams, so it was just individual. I tagged Finn,
Caleb, and Gaten in a matter of a few minutes. It was all fun, but as I was running , I crashed into somebody.
   I fell to the floor. "Ouch." But I heard a louder thud on the floor right in front of me, and they immediately got up and came to me. "Are you alright?" They asked me, with their hand on my shoulder.
   "Y-yeah," I said.
   "C'mon, lemme help you out." They helped me get up, and lead me towards the exit. As we walked closer and closer to the exit, I started to make out a face. It was one of Finn's friends, who he had said their name was Jack.
   Jack brought me to a bench, and ran off to get some ice. "I'll be right back," he said. I nodded, which caused my head to hurt some more. I was sure it hadn't been anything serious like a concussion or something. Then I touched my foreheard, and saw a bit of blood on my finger.
   Jack came back a minute or so later with a bag of ice. "Here," he said and I took it.
   "I'm so sorry," he said after a while. "For bumping into you."
   "It's okay, it was an accident." I said.
   "Look here." I turned his way, and his eyes examined my face. He took his thumb and wiped off a bit of blood from the cut on my forehead. "Are you sure?"
   "Yes," I said, "it's just a cut. Nothing serious."
   "Well, I'm glad, then." He said, and paused for a moment. "What's your name?"
   "I'm Y/N." I told him.
   "I've never seen you around before, especially hanging out with Finn and them."
   "Yeah, I'm kinda new here. This was my first day, and I just met them today." I said awkwardly.
   "Oh, of course. Oh, and I'm Jack." He smiled at me.
   His smile made me feel a bit better, and I smiled back, and all of a sudden, the door burst open, and Finn came in.
   "Jack? Y/N? What are you guys doing here?" He asked confused. "And what happened to you?" He asked eyeing my cut.
   "Oh.. It's nothing. We just had a little accident. I'm fine, really." I explained, and pressed my ice against it to avoid anyone else asking questions.
   Then, Noah walked in.
   "Hey Finn, have you seen Y/N-- oh, hey Y/N." He said awkwardly. "Wait, what happened to your forehead?"
   So much for trying to avoid questions.
   "It was an accident. I took her here to.. rest for a bit. I got her some ice. It's just a cut. She's fine now." Jack explained. I found tell he probably knew I didn't really want to explain it a second time around.
   "O-kay then." Finn said awkwardly.

Noah's p.o.v
   I could see the way Jack looked at Y/N. It made me a little weird feeling inside. The way his eyes looked; this tiny sparkle when he looked at her. I mean, I don't know what I'm so worried about, I mean they just now met. But the way he looks at her just makes me feel all weird inside.
   A few minutes later, Millie walked in.
   "Y/N, what's happened to your--" Millie asked.
   "It was an accident between Jack and Y/N. She's fine now, it was just a cut." Finn explained.
   Then, Sadie walked in.
   "Woah, what's up with your--"
   "Forehead? It was an accident, I'm fine now." Y/N said.
   "Oh," Sadie said. "Are you okay?"
   "Yeah, it was just a scratch," Y/N answered.
   "Yeah, we heard." Gaten and Caleb said as they walked in.
   "Well," I said. "I guess I can call and see if my Mom can take us home... or we can go to that icecream parlor next door." I offered.
   "Great idea, Noah!" Millie said. "Let's go!"

Your p.o.v
   We walked over next door to the ice cream parlor. A woman behind the counter looked pretty grumpy to be working in a place that has rainbow tables, chairs, and even a big rainbow on the store sign.
  "Whaddya' want, kid?" She grouchily asked Noah.
   We all ordered our ice cream. I ordered Y/F/I/C/F (your favorite ice cream flavor), Millie ordered strawberry, Sadie ordered vanilla, Caleb ordered French vanilla, Finn ordered chocolate, Noah ordered the same as me, and Gaten ordered birthday cake, because his birthday was in a few weeks.
   We all sat at a round rainbow table, and enjoyed our icecream. Noah sat right next to me, and do did Jack, they sat on either side of me. Millie talked non-stop about everything, and most of us listened. I caught Jack starring at me once in a while.
   My phone rang, and everyone looked at me. It was my mom. I answered it.
   "Hey Y/N, are you on your way home?" She asked.
   "Uh, we're getting icecream right now. I think we're just about done, though." I said, eyeing all of our bowls and cones, and seeing we were all almost done.
   "Alright. Just don't be late coming home." Mom reminded.
   "Alright, see you soon."
   Noah's mom arrived as I hung up, and she was ready to pick us up and bring us all home.
.
.
.
.
hey guys! sorry for such a short-ish chapter! and i know this is boring, but i promise i will try my best to make it more interesting as the boom progresses :). thanks for reading! let me know what you thought, any errors i made, etc, in the comments! :). -maddie