chapter 17

Finn's p.o.v.
   "Okay, bye for real this time." Gaten said for the 5th time. Each time he'd said it, he decided to stay for 5 minutes longer.

   I laughed. "Okay, see ya."

   "You're out of the hospital tomorrow and coming to the party, right?" Caleb asked me.

   "Pretty sure. It isn't serious, and the pain is gone now." I explained.

   "Great," Caleb said, "See ya tomorrow!" I waved at both of them, and they walked out of the hospital room.

   I lied down on my bed, and pulled the covers up to my chest. I stared blankly at the white ceiling, and I thought about the conversation I had with Jack earlier.

*flashback
(2 hours ago)

   I followed Jack outside of the hospital room after he'd asked to talk with me privately. "Soo," I started. "What's up?"

   Jack turned around to look at me. "I'm gonna ask you something, and you have to answer 100% honestly, okay?" Jack said in a serious tone.

   "Woah, what's happening that's so serious?" I'd never seen Jack be so... serious before.

   "Do you like Y/N?" Jack asked me. I raised an eyebrow, then I laughed.

   "You're joking right?" I asked, as I stopped laughing realizing Jack wasn't laughing either.

   Jack shook his head. "No,"

   "Oh," I cleared my throat. "I don't like Y/N, at least not like a crush, if that's what you mean." I explained, and I saw a rush of relief go over Jack.

   "Great," Jack gave a huge grin. Then he smiled even bigger, and I knew he had an idea. "Hey, I'm gonna go do something. Wish me luck." He waved at me, and rushed away, and I was still confused about what that whole thing was about.

   I turned around to walk back into the hospital room, but the door opened, hitting me a little. "Woah there," I laughed, seeing it was Noah.

   "Hey Finn." Noah said. "Hey, I'm gonna go somewhere. Wish me luck." He jogged down the same way Jack went, and made the same right turn down the hall as Jack did.

*flashback over*

   I couldn't help wondering where they both were going and what they were going to do. Suddenly, I dozed off.

Your p.o.v.
   As soon as I got home, I got ready for bed, then dropped down onto my bed. Everything about today was exhausting, and just really draining. I felt like I haven't rested in a decade.

*timeskip
(The next morning)

   My alarm clock blazed in my ear for the fifth time this morning. I groaned and turned around to shut it off. Maybe it was time for me to get out of bed though.

   I got up and walked over to the bathroom, and took a short shower. I dressed back into my pajamas, and  brushed my teeth, and put my hair in a bun after brushing it.

   I heard the door bell ring once, and after about 15 seconds, it rang again. "Y/N, can you please get that?" Mom called from her study.

   "Sure," I called, and made my way down the stairs to get the door. When I opened the door.

   "Mornin'." Noah stood in front of me with the gorgeous, melting smile on his face. He carried a paper bag in his hand, and smiled his gorgeous, melting smile, and even though I was still a little hurt from his response from yesterday, I couldn't help but smile too. His smile was contagious.