DISTRICT 9 GIRL SAVANNAH REAPING

Name Savanah

Age 13

Disrict 9

Look?

Played by SavannahKSummers

" I was daydreaming again. Which is probably why, when they called my name, I blinked and stared at the pitying faces aimed at me in confusion. "Come on, dear, we don't have all day." I looked up to the front, and saw my face on the screen. Why would my face be...

Oh.

I paled, and I started trembling violently. I couldn't. I couldn't go! I'd never survive, and I just know I'd go crazy if I did. Tears were now streaming down my face, and I barely felt it when my best friend, Derek bent down and wrapped an arm around me, whispering that it would be all right.

"I can volunteer-" he started.

"No, you can't." I said, standing, breathing deeply in an effort to calm down. "You know you can't; not for me. Besides, you need to stay, for your family. They need you."

He watched with sad eyes as I forced myself to walk towards the stage, my head down to avoid eye contact. I knew I wasn't coming back. I stopped at the last moment, right in front of the stairs that will lead me up to the stage where I will see my home for the last time, and run back to Derek, slipping off my golden necklace, which has a locket as its only charm, and hand it to him. "It was from my mom, before she died. Keep it safe for me, okay?"

He nodded stiffly. And then, finally, I left it all behind me. No one other than Derek said good bye to me. I didn't have any family other than him after all."