Kaitlyn day 2

"I woke up, startled by a bad dream. That note from whoever 'N' was, was seriously bothering me. What do they mean my father isn't dead? The Capitol executed him for reasons still unknown by me when I was eleven. Right? I shook my head to clear it from the confusing thoughts and tried to jump down from the tree. I felt something restraining me and looked down to see the rope that I tied myself to the branch with holding me down. Shay and Annabelle were nowhere to be found and I was praying that they were okay. I untied myself from the tree and decided to make breakfast for us. I gathered some logs to use as firewood and some stones to make the flame.

When I was younger my father and I always went camping together. I was a major tomboy so everything and anything to do with adventure interested me. I started rubbing the stones together to create friction and soon enough I had a small flame. I blew on the flame to increase it and eventually I had a roaring fire. The crisp morning air was nipping at my skin so I rubbed my hands over the flame to warm up. Little did I know the jacket I was wearing was highly flammable and instantly engulfed into flames. I screamed but I knew no one would hear me, I was too deep into the woods. Even if they did hear me they would probably use this as an opportunity to kill me.

I faintly remembered a random fact that Tate told me about outing fire. I dropped to the ground and rolled around in the grass in an effort to stop the flames. I silently thanked Tate for annoying me with his dumb facts. He was a genius and would always tell me about all the new things he learnt, no matter how stupid they might have seemed to me. Eventually, the flames died down and I slowly stood on my two feet. My body was still in shock from my ordeal but I was thankful to be alive. The fire was still raging but breakfast was the furthest thing from my mind at the moment My jacket was now charred and I knew it would be of little use when the cold night air comes into play. I hope my sponsor sends a new one..."