The Insane Mary Sue

Name: Mary "the killer" Sue
age: 16
Gender: female
Appearance: (https://www.insaneanimegirl.com) she had red eyes and long hair that goes down to her back, it's light brown with streaks of red and black, she is super slim but has curves and super pale skin, she has fangs a creepy smile and self harm scars, she wears lots of black and has a lot of knives.
Personality: sweet, sassy, depressed, bipolar, she has schizophrenic and hears voices, super crazy and loves killing and blood but is also really nice once you get to know her, she's super bright and cheerful and laughing but also super loner and depressed and flirty and smart but super quirky random :3
likes: killing, her knives, drawing, singing, bad boys, pocky, ramen, music
hates: playas, her parents, people who are mean to her friends, people who don't think she's great because she's a girl.
Talents: she's like the most amazing serial killer to every exist she's amazing at martial arts and like stabbing people and singing and drawing but she doesn't think she is and is super shy.
Backstory: her mother died when she was born and her dad was super abusive and drank a lot and her step mom was super evil so then she went crazy and started killing and self harming and has never been caught and is like the youngest most amazing serial killer ever.
tags: @Iwillspamyou and @iwillmakeaformandnotshowup

While as usual the examples I give are always exaggerations for comedic purposes, the amount of forms like this one are...really...really..common.
Now, I have a special hatred towards these type of characters, and on top of that I can reasonably find this offensive because my mother was a paranoid schizophrenic with bipolar disorder and three people I know have suffered with depression, but on tip of that I can nit pick at this all I like because I am studying criminal psychology and forensics so I know what I'm talking about when I'm talking about serial killers.
So let's get into it.
The insane mary sue, while not as common as the average mary sue, is still a pretty well known type of character, with the onset of creepy pastas and more "hot" male serial killer characters this particular type of oc is becoming more and more prevalent in the wattpad sewer system, so allow me to bitch about it for an hour.

As usual the mary sue is young, typically around the age of sixteen, her generic white girl looke which are most definitely based off the rper's now have the added bonus of impossible coloured eyes, a creepy smile which may or may not be cut on, self harm scars because nothing says mental health awareness like turning a horrible part of depression into an accessory, she wears a lot of black, because she has the finical stability to only shop at hot topic, she may sometimes dress in a childish manor but this is a bit rarer, she will have super pale skin, but of course this mixed with her dark hair won't result in any body hair.

Her personality will usually consist of three mental disorders the person making her had head of, and then a rip off of Harley Quinn and a bit of the usual generic Mary Sue personality types. Her mental issues will possibly only be referenced once, and even then it will be something along the lines of
"The voices in my head say I should kill you!" she giggled, twirling the knife in her fingers
how original

Now I ain't gonna bore y'all with an essay on mental disorders, but let's just put it this way, yes someone can suffer  from depression, bipolar disorder, and paranoia schizophrenia, but that does not mean they're going to be a serial killer and t...

Now I ain't gonna bore y'all with an essay on mental disorders, but let's just put it this way, yes someone can suffer  from depression, bipolar disorder, and paranoia schizophrenia, but that does not mean they're going to be a serial killer and the way the mary sue acts is nothing like someone suffering from any of this
"she's sometimes cheerful but then gets some can get really angry"
gosh isn't that like nearly every other fúcking human being on the planet
There is n0thing wrong with having an oc who has mental disorders, but if they're only there to make them see more edgy or 3 dimensional, I may be forced to blog angrily about you got like five minutes.
The Insane Mary sue has a lot of similarities to the depressed mary sue, so I don't want to repeat stuff I already said about the latter.

For some reason the Insane mary sue is also occasionally fighting sexism, yes, really, she's fighting to get recognition in a male dominated industry....Im sure she can break the glass, considering how she's basically a plank of wood.

Basically, to cut an extremely long story short, this mary sue is basically like any other, she wants to be special and get the guy, and will use and abuse whatever thing she can to appear more three dimensional.
While as usual with every example I give I exaggerate for comedic purposes, but...I mean... honestly?? I think I put more detail in her form then most of her creators do.

 honestly?? I think I put more detail in her form then most of her creators do

\