Chapter 13 Something Dark

Jim's POV:
(Written by @Kodbro)

Did I really try to kill Toby? Kill my best and only friend? If so, I don't even remember doing it. In fact, the last thing I remember was escaping James's "evil" lair and then... everything was blank. "Jim?" Strickler asked me.

I blinked myself out of my reverie. "I'm sorry," I said. "I don't know what must have gotten over me. Tobes-"

"It wasn't you, Jimbo. It was the Grave Sand. Don't worry-"

"Grave Sand?" I asked, now worried.

"Yes. Someone must have injected the tranquiliser with Grave Sand before inserting it into you," Eli explained.

I looked at him in answer. "And how did you know how to come here? Last I heard, you and Steve didn't even know I was a troll."

"Well, Butsnack. Let's just say that we followed you from where you came out from your hideout back all the way at the forest, we recognised your armour and decided to go after you because you didn't look like you were getting up to any good," Steve explained.

"Wait. You know where Blinky is?" Toby asked.

"We have an idea," Steve said.

"Then what are we waiting for?" Claire asked. "Right at this moment, we have am advantage. So let's make the most of this and Rescue Blinky before its top late."

I wanted to say yes to Claire. But something was stopping me. Something dark inside that I couldn't hold back. One minute I was Jim and then the next minute, I was not Jim.

"Aah... Jim?" Toby asked. "Trollhunter to Warhammer, you copy?"

"Sorry Tobes." I decided to keep that dark something to myself for now. First I had to find Merlin. "But Claire's right. Blinky won't be able to survive over there with my dad for much longer on his own. So let's go and get him back. Steve and Eli. Are you're willing to help us?"

"Heck yeah," Steve said. "We Creepslayers are always ready."

"Yeah. Creepslayers," Eli agreed happily.

Then everyone dispersed before we could come up with a plan to rescue Blinky without getting captured again. I turned to my mom who held concern in her blue eyes. "Are you sure you can do this, Jim?" She asked. "I mean. Your father left you. And now he took Mr Blinky as a refuge to use against you and almost had you kill Toby? I'm worried, Jim."

"You don't need to worry, mom. You know how I said to you before that this is what I think I was meant to do. Well, now I know that this is what I was always meant to do. Become a troll. And stop Gunmar from rising again. It's my destiny. I can't run away from this gift," I said.

"I know," she said, putting a hand on my cheek. "And I'm still very proud of you, Jim. I just want you to be careful, that's all." She smiled.

"When am I never careful?" I said.