Chapter 9 Aliens

Toby's POV:
(Written by @Kodbro)

Oh, Jimbo. Where are you? I thought just as we arrived at Eli's front door.

"Come on. Come on, Eli," I said as I kept pressing the doorbell only to have no one answer it. Claire and AAARRRGGHH!!! were behind me. "Seriously. Where is this guy?"

"Toby, up there," Claire said. I looked to where she was pointing to which was also when a window opened above us and out came Eli's head.

"Psst. Toby. Claire. Up here. Quickly. I have something to show you guys," he said.

"Can you believe this guy?" I asked my friends when he disappeared back inside.

"My problem is how are we going to get up there?" Claire asked.

I looked at AAARRRGGHH!!! when she said that. "Aah, Wingman?" I asked.

"It's okay. I stay. And help you," AAARRRGGHH!!! said.

"Then I will stay with AAARRRGGHH!!!," Claire decided. "But take this, TP." And in my hand she gave me the dart that the fleshbags had used on Blinky and Jim.

Once AAARRRGGHH!!! had helped me up, I went to Eli's window and knocked on it until he looked up from his project that he was currently working on inside.

Realising that I was actually there, he stood up and came over to me to open the window. "Dude," I said. Holding up my phone to him on our chat. "You sent me like a thousand texts. Why? What's wrong? I only message you cause we have a problem that we thought you might know more about... why is it so dark?" I suddenly asked, only noticing now how Eli hadn't turned on any of his lights.

I fell inside. "I'm keeping it dark for dramatic effects, okay? Toby. You will never guess what I just discovered. But there is whole other world that we know nothing about," he explained.

"Oh really...? And what gave that away? Was it a bunch of Trolls living right beneath our feet your first clue? Or, I don't know, a creature attacking our school every other Thursday?" I complained sarcastically.

"No. This is only the tip of the iceberg." Then walking away from me, he pulled down his alien wallpaper to reveal a board of articles and strings joining together to form some kind of detective board.

"What is this?" I asked.

"I have been putting this together for months." Then he shone his flashlight at the word Trolls.

"Trolls," I said. "Wizards... Aliens? What you really think there are Aliens in Arcadia?"

"Extraterrestrial," Eli corrected. "I'm telling you. I've seen them." Then he pointed at a picture which showed Aja and Krel standing by...

"Hey. That's by my house," I said.

"Exactly. They're living among us, Tobes."

"Hey, only one guy I know can call me that," I told him, thinking of Jim right then. Getting distracted for the reason I came here in the first place, I couldn't believe that Aja and Krel might be aliens. Then again, it did make sense if I though about it.

"Okay. My turn. Eli, do you have any idea what this could be?" I asked him, holding the dart up at him which he took.

"Now that my friend, is a tranquiliser. Why? What's wrong?" He asked.

"Well," I hesitated. "Jim and Blinky got ambushed by normal humans. Now we don't know why, but do you think you could maybe help us find them?"

"Well, now that I can look at this, this tranquiliser has actually been injected with some kind of..." he coughed suddenly. "Wait. Is that Grave Sand?"

"What?" I asked. "Let me see."

"No. You can't see it, Toby. I just smelt it. Otherwise yes, I will help you find Jim. This may be worse than we thought," he said.

"Eli. Supper is ready. Are you going to down or shall I come up there?" Eli's mom suddenly called from downstairs.

"So that's why you didn't want us to come in the front door," I said. "Looks like that's my cue then. Thanks Eli. Talk soon. Let me know if you find anything concerning Jim and Blinky."

"Okay. Bye."

Once I had climbed out the window and let AAARRRGGHH!!! take me back down, Claire asked, "What did Eli say?"

"Grave Sand," I said. Holding out the dart to her. "Injected in the Tranquiliser."

"Then we better get back to Barbara to let her know. Before something worse happens."

"I agree. Come on then. Let's go. Jim doesn't have much time wherever he may be."

Well, I was right about one thing when we finally reached Jim's house. Seeing that the lights were still on, Claire and I rang the doorbell.

The door opened just as the outside lights went on. "Claire? Toby?" Barbara said. "Why do you look so worried? Have you found anything about Jim?"

"Only what those humans did to him," I said. "Can we come inside. We have something to tell you."

"Of course," Barbara said. If only we had reached Jim's house a little bit earlier though, because then just as I stepped inside, I felt a rush of air behind me and then suddenly turned around only to be pushed back down to the ground again.

It was night time. So it made sense to see who was holding me down. Even though at the same time, it didn't. "Toby!" Claire shouted. Then, "Jim?" She said.