Chapter 7 Toby's Plan

Third POV:
(Written by @Mad_Be_Green)

"You must to come to Trollmarket at once. Yes hurry. They took Jim and Blinky," Strickler reported.

Toby hung up his phone and slammed it down on his kitchen table. Who is they? Who took Jim?
"I may be as blind as a bat but I can hear as sharp as a day that there is something wrong."

Toby spun on his heel to see Dictatious right behind him with his hand on the wall.

"Dictatious, not now!" Toby scolded immediately feeling guilty that he raised his voice at him.

Toby grabbed his phone and dialed Claire's Number. He thought it was stupid he slammed it in the first place. She picked up in a few seconds after dialing.

"Hey Toby, what's up?"

"Claire you have to go to Trollmarket now."

"Toby what's wrong... what's happening?" She asked.

"I'll explain it when we're there." Toby hung up and grabbed his horngazle from his backpack then ran of the front door.

He grabbed his bike that was laying down on his front porch and paddle to the bridge. Jim was his best friends. If anything, he should have been there for him. But he wasn't.

I'm just getting ahead of myself, Toby thought as he skidded his bike down underneath the bridge. But what he saw was terrifying. The walls where knocked down leading trollmarket as bare as an abandoned house. Rubble was everywhere. Out of breath, Toby slammed on his breaks and looked up to see Claire already there.

"Wow you're fast," he complimented.

"Would you like to tell me what's going on?" she said, ignoring his comment while pointing at the trim down wall.

"Strickler just called me and said someone took Jim and Blinky, he didn't tell me anything more than that."

"Someone?" She asked.

"I don't know, just..." Toby peered in the hole. There lies the once known cristal stairway. Pieces were missing as well as the color of the crystal.

Toby sighed in defeat as he and Claire made their way down to the once known 'Trollmarket'. When they reached the bottom they found Strickler and Numora.

"What happened here?" Claire asked them before Toby could.

"We don't know who they were, but they were people. Actual flesh bags," Numora filled them in.

"Yes, and unfortunately they destroyed everything in their paths. Luckily not the Heartstone because they didn't half to travel that far to get where they wanted," Strickler informed.

"Where did they want to go?" Toby asked.

"We aren't entirely sure. But they did take Jim and Blinky and left the rest of the trolls alone. But we did find this," Strickler held out his hand revealing a dart.

"What is that?" Claire asked.

"Like I said. We aren't entirely sure, but they are everywhere. We believe they used This against Jim and Blinky." Toby took the dart.

"I know who can maybe help us find out what this is."

"Who?" They all asked in unison. There was one person in his mind.

Eli.