Chapter 28 Jilaire

Jim's POV:
(Written by @Kodbro)

"Okay. Once we get Gunmar's remains, I suggest that Eli and Steve come with me to James's laire. As they're the only ones who knows where it is. Then I take it alone from there. James is expecting me. And only me," I explained.

We approached Eli's house and managed to go inside as his mom wasn't at home yet. Now to think about it, despite revealing myself in front of the entire school just a few days ago, I don't think his mom would approve of seeing Blinky and I on her doorstep.

I know I wouldn't.

"But Master Jim," Blinky started. "What if you need our help? We won't be around to save you-"

"Don't worry about me," I said just as we got to Eli's basement. "I just need to convince James that I'm with him. That's all. Then at the last second, I will snatch Daylight from him and even run him through with my own sword if I have to."

"Harsh," Toby said.

"I know, Tobes. But what choice do we have?" I asked.

Eli switched on the lights behind us. "There," he said. "Under the covers. Since Steve and I weren't sure where to put them, we hid them here so my mom can't see what they are either. If she does, she might think we're messing with dark magics or something. Not that it exists..."

"Yeah sure," Toby said. "Eli. When you have met Merlin and asked him what he did to Jim, let me know?"

Eli just looked at him, but I knew how Toby was feeling. I didn't blame him either. "Okay," I said, turning around to face everyone. "The plan is settled. Let's get the remains out of here and as quickly as possible to the forest. Then once I go in, Blinky and Tobes... go back to Claire and the others to help them resurrect Angor. And when they're done, tell Claire to get ready."

Claire's POV:

Jim. He was the only person who I could think about right then. And the person I loved the most. And if I had to guess, I knew that the worst hadn't even begun yet.

"So you're thinking that this Angor guys ruins are stranded around the bridge and the canal?" Mary asked me as we began our longish walk to the bridge.

"Yep. As that's where Angor was defeated," I said.

"And not to forget, but once we find them, how are we supposed to bring him back in the first place?" Darci asked.

Oh, so full of questions they were.
I sighed. "Merlin," AAARRRGGHH!!! answered before I could.

"What he said," I said.

"So where is he then?" Mary asked.

"In Trollmarket I suppose," I answered. "Jim was clear. Only after we get the remains do we go to Merlin. We can't afford any distractions. Daylight needs to be recovered and returned back to its rightful owner. This is the best shot we got. I just hope that wherever Jim is right now, he knows what he is doing," I explained.

Darci put her hand on my shoulder at that. "Hey. It will be alright, girl."

"Yeah, C-Bomb. I mean if who you're talking about is on our side, what do we have to lose?"

"If only you knew," I said. Because raising Gunmar again, sure didn't sound like paradise. Which was when I remembered... "The promise we made to Arcadia. Jim promised to help rebuild it before everything turned upside down again. And now we can't all because of Gunmar. Cause if there's anything I know about Jim, it's that he never backs down on his promises. I just hope he remembers it himself," I said before we could start our search for Angor's remains.

If James was planning to wipe out the world again with Gunmar. Why couldn't we do the same with Angor?