Chapter 19 Eli And Steve

Eli's POV:
(Written by @Mad_Be_Green)

"Okay check," I mumbled to myself as I ran through my list of things to pack for the journey that the group planned.

The only problem was to convince my mother to let me go. I didn't know what we might need on this trip, so I packed everything that would fit into my bag pack. I was about to shove a few ninja stars in the bag when my mom yelled," Elija Peperjack! Steve is at the door!"

I swallowed, confused on what Steve was doing here so late. I tripped on the Ninja stars on my bed and trotted towards the door. When I opened the door, I saw Steve skipping up the stairs.

"Hey Steve! Are you packed?"

"Eli! Eli! Eli! Quick!" He quickly ran in my room and slammed the door. His face was full of fear. He wiped his brow.

"What is going on?"
Steve grabbed my shoulders and started to shake me.

"He tried to kill me! Kill me!"
I was so confused.

"Steve. Get control of yourself! Who tried to 'kill' you?" Steve whimpered and pointed at the opened window.

"He could be coming any minute!" Steve ran up to the window and slammed it shut.

"What is your problem! You can't just show up here and act all freaked and not tell me a thing!" Steve swallowed and began to talk.

"I was just about to leave to meet Toby by his house when all the sudden Jim just appeared out of now where. Only he wasn't... Jim. He tried to kill me with Daylight. I barley escaped."

I couldn't believe this!
"No no. You must've saw the wrong thing. It probably was..." honestly I didn't know what it was. "Fear can make you imagine things that are not there."

"So your calling me delusional?" Steve said walking closer to me.

"Umm... no..."

"I know what I saw, buttsnack." He said grimly.

I picked up my phone and started to dial Strickler. I thought if he was able to break him out of his trance before, he could do it again... maybe... maybe...