Chapter 32: Trollhunters Aftermath

Toby's POV:
(Written by @Kodbro)

"Tobius! We require your Warhammer," Blinky called out to me from the other end of the passage.

Now that Eli and Steve had helped us in, Mary and Darci had done an excellent job at distracting the guards by using their flirting ways. I will admit. I am proud at my Darci for being able to pull off that act so well. I probably would have even fallen for it myself. Heck, I have fallen for it.

"You mean the mighty wrath of my Warhammer, Blink. It has feelings, you know-"

"And now is not the time for such arguments. This fight is now, Tobius," Blinky said, interrupting me.

In the end I had no choice. "I can see that," I huffed while making my way towards him and AAARRRGGHH!!!.

Claire was only a couple of feet away from me fighting her own battle until we heard Jim's voice drift up to us from another room.

"There can only be one Trollhunter," we heard him say. Claire ran before we could stop her.

"Claire!" I started.

"JIM! NO!" she shouted.

All I was thinking right then was praying that our plan would turn out all right, cause normally considering what kind of crazy world we had been thrown into, nothing ever did anymore.

Then again, this crazy world was our normal world now. So for everyone else, normal was crazy. Okay. I'm thinking too much. Back to the fight.

It was a smack. And then a bam and then the guard trying to harm Blinky collapsed unconscious to the ground. Blinky looked up at me in thanks.

"Now for Jim," I said. "Darci, Mary, Eli and Steve have gone back to Trollmarket to stay with Merlin. It's not safe for them here."

"For Jim!" AAARRRGGHH!!! agreed happily. I smiled.

So far so good.

Jim's POV:

The Darkness had just been an illusion of James to get me to turn against my friends. A part of his plan. I know now that it had never been real.

The Deep hadn't done anything to me. Only James had. And I had had enough of it.

As our blades came into contact with each other, they made a loud shattering clang that marked the centre of the battle. More like the Aftermath of the Battle against Gunmar. Only this time, it was me against James. My own father. I'm just glad my mom wasn't here to see us fight.

"Stop trying so hard, Jim. You know it's not worth it," James said, trying anything he could to bring me down. But I wasn't giving into any of it.

On the next impact which he made, I whipped out my shield at him to block his strike.

He laughed at my automatic defensive reflex. "I will never let you raise Gunmar, James. Never," I said as our swords met again.

He just smirked. "Oh. We're back to first names basis here, are we? I thought you had decided on calling me dad."

We parried and blocked. I even leapt up into a tree at one point to try and knock him out from behind. But he was too quick.

Even for me.

Because of that I fell. "That was only when I was pretending," I said as I tried backing up before he could reach me with the sword that only I thought I would be able to wield as long as I lived. And now I was being threatened by Daylight itself.