Chapter 8: Lavender Surprise

Jess stormed back to her room.
"Mum thinks Calum needs to be taught a lesson and plus lavender isn't harmful!" Jess yelled excitedly. I paled.
"This is going to be great," Mia replied.
"Yeah," I mumbled. My hands shook so I suck them in my pockets.
"You ok Ti?" Jess asked. I looked at her.
"Yeah everything's cool," I lied. I didn't know what was wrong I never did when this happened. I always got these kind of attacks when my hands would shake and I would have trouble walking. I don't know why I get them and I don't know anyone else who gets them either. I slowly stood up and we walked down the stairs. I didn't want to do this because if we did we would be just as bad as Calum. I opened my mouth but no words came out. I struggled down the steps where Jess's mum was. She frowned when she saw me. Jess smiled at her.
"We'll be back before eight," she repeated.
"Ok...um Taia could you stay here I really need you for something?" She asked. I looked hopefully at her.
"Can it wait mum?" Jess asked.
"I'm sorry but no it's very important!" Her mum replied sternly. Jess mouth 'sorry' I mouthed back 'it's ok.' Mia and Jess ran out the door. I sat on the couch. Jess' mum brought me some tea.
"Here have this, you will feel better," she said softly. I smiled gratefully but didn't speak. Jess' mum and my mum were the only people who knew I had these attacks and knew when I was having one. She out a hand over my forehead.
"You seem a little hot, I will get a cool cloth and you just stay there," she ordered. I nodded and blew on the tea. It was made to perfection. I sighed. "I wish I could have stopped them," I thought. Jess's mum came back and gave me a cool cloth.
"Now I will just be in my room, come and get me if you need anything," she checked before leaving. I nodded and she was gone. "Maybe I could go see Charlotte and that will help." I left a note on the counter saying:

Dear Jess' mum,
I have gone for a little walk for some fresh air. I will be back before Jess and Mia is and I have my phone in case I need to call you."
From Taia

Like I said it wasn't a long walk to the school from Jess' house. I stumbled on the path. Birds flew over my head under the grey sky. The school never locks the gates so I went through. I remembered the path to Charlotte and found her asleep next to the water. I sat next to her and pattered her rough scales with my shaky hands. She hmm and knew in was me. I rested my head on her neck and stared at the pink clouds. I closed my eyes and listened to the sounds surrounding me. It was peaceful and made me fall asleep.

Jess:
Mia and I didn't sneak into the house but was let in by Calum's mum.
"He's just up the hallway sleeping," she pointed to she last door on the left.
"Thanks you Miss. Smith I'm happy you agree with up," I thanked.
"No, no thank you I had no idea Calum was like this and I think that's a fair punishment if it isn't harmful," she check.
"No we are jut putting lavender in his room," I repeated. Like I hadn't said it enough.
"Ok well enjoy," she finished.

Calum's snore sounded like a hundred elephant running away from thousands of mice.
"You ready?" I asked.
"Yep," Mia whispered. We both had a bag each filled with lavender. We put it in his draws, desk, wardrobe, window, pillow, blankets, clothes, the few books he had, shoes, chairs, lights and everything else he had.