I'll Let Her Go

Antonio Masters
I stare out the window of the car. I thought it best to have my driver take me. To fit in more. The bright lights of LA made the stars unseeable which made me sigh sadly. I always loved to look at the stars. Especially when my mother was around.
"We are here sir." My driver says and I realize we've stopped.
I climb out of the car and walk up the front steps. The building, large, elegant and beautiful. At the door a security guard took my ticket and scanned it for authenticity. He nods to me and I walk inside.
Many faces I knew were in the building. People I've done business with, old family friends and even some girls that I've slept with. However the majority of the people were ones I don't know at all and have never seen before. That worries me. Scanning the crowd as I walk I spot many men who were also looking around. Seemingly doing exactly what I am. But I believe they aren't looking for Jack. But for threats... Such as me. A tray of champain comes past me and I take a glass, down it and put it on another passing tray before walking up the stairs to the next floor.
That's where I spot the first gun. On the third floor in the shadows I caught a glimps of a man holding a gun. When I casually look around I see more and more. Then I spot him.
Jack Diablo.
The guy who killed my mother.
I know I'm probably being watched so I walk in the opposite direction to the bar. I order a lemon margarita which I sip slowly and look around. A beautiful woman catches my eye. She wore a deep blue, strapless dress that hugged her tightly. Her chest large and inviting.
She seems to notice me watching and turns her head away from her friends. She has long black to blonde ombre hair and what I believe are blue eyes. I smile my luring smile that never misses as I drink the last of my drink and put the glass on the bar, slowly letting myself be swallowed by the crowd. The whole time I kept my gaze on the woman.
She says something to her friends before venturing into the crowd, looking around, scanning heads. Slowly I make my way towards her. Sneaking up behind her I place a hand on her shoulder. She turns and I smile slyly. "Were you looking for someone?" I ask lowly.
She bats her eyelashes innocently. "Maybe I was... Maybe I wasn't." She replies with a smirk.
"Was it me by any chance?" I ask her and step closer.
"Well that depends. Do you want it to be you I was looking for?" She replies teasingly.
Before I can reply my jaw drops. Every guys gaze on this floor went to the stairs that lead down from the third floor. Jack included.
Slowly decending them was a beautiful woman in a layered red, lond sleeve, slip shouldered dress that was short at the front and lond at the back. Her long, elegant, sun tanned legs revealed and glowing. The dress made her curves stand out and I swear that I was about to drool. Every other guy being in the same position as me or were actually drooling. She looks stunning.
When her gaze comes to me she keeps it there and it felt as if my whole world was slowling down except for her. She smirks slightly and I feel an urge to kiss her cherry red lips. Her beautiful brown hair fell in delecate waves, her brown eyes seemed to glitter in the lighting.
Everything comes to a stop when I realize who she is. It's Maddison.
Her eyes flick to the bar then back to me. I get the message and tear my gaze away. Slowly I make my way through the crowd towards the bar. Behind me the woman in the blue dress huffs unhappily and storms off. I however didn't care. My mind was spinning. Maddison is here. She looks so beautiful. So stunning.
I get to the bar and sit down. "The same as before." I say and the bartender passes me the same drink that I ordered before.
I sat at the bar, silently waiting. People started moving again behind me and were talking. She's off the stairs. "Hello handsome." A voice murmurs in my ear. A voice I know so well. It sent shivers down my spine.
"You think I'm handsome huh?" I ask teasingly as I turn to face her. Maddison looks even more beautiful up close. She slips elegantly into the seat beside me and orders a rasberry cocktail.
"Well of course. I've always thought so." She sats smoothly and makes my heart race.
"Why are you here?" I hiss.
"To keep an eye on you. I don't want you to get killed. I've seen you inches from death too many times. Each time breaks me more and more. Your my best friend Antonio. If I see you in a coffin or vase I will break conpletely. Nobody will be able to fix me if you die." She replies quietly as she looks down at her glass.
"That woman you were with is very beautiful. Good choice." She says and I look away from her.
"I've seen one who's many times more beautiful than her." I say and from the corner of my eye I see Maddison look at me curiously.
"Who is that?" She asks and I slowly turn my gaze to her, locking my eyes with hers.
"The one I'm looking at right now. You're looking amazing. Your boyfriend is a very lucky guy." I reply quietly and turn completely away from her.
She pats my arm before standing and disappearing into the crowd. I sigh and rub my forhead. I can't stand it. I don't want this Marco guy to be her boyfriend. I want it to be me. But I made a promise to her. I can't fall for her. We were just playing around. That was it. But I did fall for her and I fell hard. She'll never feel the same about me. Not anymore. She has a boyfriend and I don't want her to be angry at me so I'll let it go. I'll let her go.