Michael Mell- Rough Night

°N/S!MR°

<Musical/Book: Be More Chill>

Requested by: cureheart333 this is actually kinda more like the musical bc in the book Jeremy is less of a dick towards Michael bc the squip isn't too bad. I need Michael's pain for this I guess so here it is.

Plus, Michael's got a white afro in the book and that's a yikes from me thank goodness for the musical.

Anyway, enjoy!

~~

Tonight, Jake Dillinger was hosting the greatest party of the fall, but you were at home because you weren't really invited, and you didn't have anyone to go with. You invited one of your closest friends, Michael Mell, to hang out at your place, but he had insisted that he was busy tonight. Jeremy Heere was already out of the picture before you thought about asking him because of reasons such as "being too cool" for you. 

So now here you were, alone in your room, listening to god knows what YouTube had put on with auto-play. You weren't about to change it though because you were getting high and starting to believe you understood Jojo Siwa on a personal level by listening to her video intros. 

As you were about to take another bite from an empty Styrofoam cup (you weren't eating it, but you wondered why it was so goddamn chew-able), the phone next to your head had gone quiet for a second before playing a ringtone that was of you, Michael, and Jeremy screaming a Christmas song. You, not having the capacity to understand that was your phone ringing, began to question what kind of people would listen to that sort of stuff. When it stopped for a few seconds and rung again, you remembered that was your ringtone.

You picked it up and saw that Michael was calling you, but you were having a bit of trouble on accepting the call considering you ate one whole 'muffin' earlier and it was definitely taking it's toll. 

Somehow, you managed to pull through and accepted the call. What you weren't expecting was muffled music in the background, the thumping of the bass practically existent on your side of the phone. 

"(Y/n)? You there?" You had heard Michael say, but you found it a little hard to understand with your brain being messed up at the moment, and the music on Michael's end drowning out his own voice. 

"Uh, I'm sorry, can you say that again?" You asked, rolling off your bed, crouching on your floor and covering your ear that wasn't pressed against the phone to help you hear him, although you were home alone and there wasn't any kind of noise being caused anywhere.

"Hey (Y/n)? Can you come, uh, pick me up?" Michael asked, his voice cracking a bit before he cleared his throat.

"Pick you up?" You mumbled to yourself, "Yeah. Yeah, I can do that. I'll do that right now." 

"Wait. (Y/n), are you hi-"

You hung up before Michael said anything else, and started getting dressed, though it took some time. You had taken off your sweats and t-shirt three different times only to put them back on and being satisfied with your look on the fourth trial. 

You began searching for your keys and at some point, you began feeling sick and were sure you were going to die. You were panicking and your car keys were nowhere to be seen, so you called Michael to take you to the hospital.

"(Y/n)? Do you even have the capacity to understand where the party is right now? Where are you?" You heard him ask once you called.

"Take me to the hospital Michael- I'm dying." You said, stepping outside to see how dark it already was.