Chapter 8

"Oh my gosh, that's so sad!"

"Yes but don't worry it's very unlikely something as dramatic as that will happen. Dark angels don't like showing themselves. I doubt you will ever come across them." She says positively

"So are all problems caused by dark angels?"

"No, not all of them. Oh I still haven't introduced myself properly! My name is Alice-Lucy."

"That's a nice name!"

"Thank you! We get to choose our names."

"How many if you are there? guardian angels?"

"Oh there's loads, just as there are humans. I can't say how much."

Emily starts to move around a bit. I should get her back soon we've must've been out for about half an hour.

"I better go back now. Will I see you again? My best friends coming for a sleepover tomorrow."

"Yes, I'm sure we'll meet a good few times at least! You're friend is Kitty right.?" She says smiling at me.

"Yeah how do you - oh right your an angel."

"I'm sure you'll get used to it soon enough!" She laughs.

"Maybe. Do you mind if I tell Kitty about this? She is my best friend after all."

"No I don't mind. But some advice, you might not want to go around shouting that you've seen an angel. They'll probably think you've lost the plot!" She says still smiling.

"Okay you best be off! I better go to! Good bye and take care, you as well Emily!" She says and pats Emily once more before walking off and suddenly disappearing.

I climb back onto Emily and walk to then trot back to the stables. I can't help but wonder if there's a certain reason that Alice-Lucy's here. Or if there's a reason that I've seen her... I just brush that thought off and we arrive back at the stable. I unsaddle her and put her back in her stool. I didn't get much of a trek out there, but it was a worth while trip.

"There you go Emily, you're such a good girl." I say softly to her while treating her to a carrot. "I love you Em." I hug her and then go back into the house.

I go straight to my room, not bothering with my parents, and get on with my homework.