Coffee With Jack

"Mother. FUCKER." You swear to yourself as you unlock your door, limping a bit more than youd like to admit. Again, you slept in, bailed on stretching and hurt the same damn leg. But in order for you to actually show up on time for your coffee with Jack, you needed to get your video done and over with long before you even went over there. And it required you postponing your morning coffee for a few hours.

  You place you equipment on your desk and lean onto it closing your eyes. You know you have to be nicer to your body in order to continue doing what you do. You sigh and turn to your dresser, picking out your clothes for a shower. A pair of gray skinny jeans with a hole in one knee and an old band Tee. You pick a set of underwear that matches, not that any of them dont. About a year ago, a somewhat unheard of sports company reached out to you and asked if they could sponsor you. When you agreed, you got a whole bunch of free things, including 12 sets of matching underwear and bra sets.

  A while after getting clean you take a moment to soak in the shower and enjoy the water running across your body. You cant help but notice all the small bruises from all the small impacts or all the falls over the past couple days or weeks. You really do need to be more kind and careful to yourself. You turn off the water and wrap yourself in a towel, drying off and combing through your hair enough to make it look tame.

   You rub some lovely smelling  lotion into your skin before getting dressed. You grab your phone and begin to head to the window, but the pain in your leg causes you to stop. You remind yourself that you need to take it easy on yourself, even if it means breaking habit. You turn and grudgingly walk out the door, and to Mark's, mentally calling yourslef a wimp the whole way.  You knock on Mark's door, feeling the need to return the favor in making him stand up, walk over, and invite you in.

"Holy shit!" Mark jumps back from the door, clearly not expecting you to be standing there. He quickly glances back at the window, confirming that it is indeed open, before looking back at you in horror. "I think I might throw up he says." Grabbing at his stomach overdramatically. You roll your eyes at him, he could be an actor.

"I hurt my leg, I gotta take it easy." You say with a pout.

"THAT easy?" Mark questions, guesturing to the window. You shrug.

  When you cracked your shoulderblade, you lowered yourself into his house one armed. You had to leave out the front door, but you refused to walk in through it. It was your thing, you were gonna keep it that way.

"I gotta start taking better care of myself." You say, meeting his eyes seriously. His eyes soften, then he nods undetrstandingly. After all, he'd told you that for how long?

You walk in, just in time to catch Jack walking out of the hallway where his room is tucked away along with the laundry room. He smiles at you friendily, closing the distance between you.

"Hey, I was just about to text you." He says with an admittedly contagious and bright smile.

"That'd be a bit hard without my number, no?" You question, tilting your head, holding your hand out hintingly for his phone.

His eyes grow wide before he chuckles. "Damn it I knew I forgot something yesterday." He says reaching into his back pocket and placing his phone into your outstretched hand easily.

  Hm, no hesistence, no locks, no password, interesting, you think to yourself as you enter your contact information into his phone. You then pass him yours, he smiles at you greatfully before typing into your phone and handing it back. You glance at the information he entered, and cant help but smile that in the nickname slot, he entered 'Booper Dooper <3'.

  "You ready?" He asks, casually throwing an arm around your shoulders as if hes done it all his life. You raise an eyebrow at him before you realise exactly what hes doing. Hes boundary hunting. You smirk up at him and throw and arm underneath his and around his shoulder as well.