Apologies.

Three days. Three goddamn miserable days you've spent cooped up in this shithole of an appartment, tearing away at yourself to find the one giant piece of you that craves Jack, and destroy it forever. Of course its been a pointless mission. You cant stop yourself from watching all his videos and occassionally checking his twitter for any updates. Keeping yourself away is only making you want him more, and you hate it.

  Lets clarify that, actually. You dont hate wanting him. You hate that you let yourself want him. You hate that you ever looked into those damnable blue eyes and saw anything to fall for.

  Both he and Mark have texted you on occasion. You can never bring youself to respond to Jack, so his conversation thread is entirely one sided, constantly asking if you will come over, if you're ok, if you should talk. That the last thing you want...

  Mark's conversation thread breaks your heart every time you open it. You reply to him, but can never muster more than a word at a time before ghosting for a few hours, coming back to respond that you were "busy". It makes your gut wrench to lie to Mark, but talking to him about the problem hasnt solved anything thus far...

  You sit in the center of your livingroom floor. It'd be the the 9th time you've tried rearranging furniture, but every time you move it, you find yourself hating it, and moving it around once more. At this point you sit in a livingroom that looks exactly the same as when you started. You might be edging yourself toward insanity at this rate.

  A sickening buzz errupts from the coffee table, causing all of the things resting on it to vibrate as well. Here we go again, you think to yourself as you turn to grab it, hesitating to even click on the screen before drawing the strength from from mysterious source.

Jack: hey, what are you up to beauty? :)

  You wonder to yourself how he manages to remain positive when you clearly havent responded once in the past four days... Another messsge causes the phone to errupt in your hand, this time, from Mark.

Mark: "busy" again, (Y/N)?

You swallow, knowing he must have watched Jack send a message that he wont recieve an answer to. You squeeze your eyes shut briefly, willing youself to respond.

You: yes.

Mark: busy...  ignoring him?

You: no...

Mark: Ok, so busy avoiding him entirely.

Mark: Noted.

  The responses came lightening quick, causing a lump to form in your throat. You hadnt seen him in three days, and were barely responding to his messages. You havent gone that long without seeing Mark since he went to Korea to visit his family, and the day after he got back, you spent 15 hours catching up with him like youd missed years of eachoher's lives. Tears begin to pool in your eyes, rereading the texts. He's angry at you, no doubt about it. The longer you sat staring at his messages the more you missed him, and Jack.

  The apartment started to compress around you. It truely is so small. So suffocating, and you need to leave.

You: Can you meet me on the roof in a minute? Please...

  You wipe away at the tears stinging your eyes, staring shakily at your phone for a response. You wont blame him if he blows you off, you've been doing it to him so much that you almost deserve it.

Mark: fine.

  Your heart swells briefly, not caring that he is angry with you. He'll be up on the roof and you can see him. He'll fix everything. Mark always fixes everything. You quickly and eagerly slide on a pair of shoes, climbing out your window to scale the wall.