Social Media Sucks

Your shower numbs your mind, allowing you a moment of peace. Well, either you're numb, or slowly accepting how royally boned you are to have fallen so hard. At least you're no longer panicking and swimming in butterflies.

You sigh to yourself as you climb out of the steamy glass box, pushing your wet hair out of your face as you wrap a towel around you, heading to your bedroom to get dressed. You dress in your Grinch pjs, the long fluffy ones with the oversized top before flopping down at your desk, opting to further distract yourself by checking some comments or twitter or something.

That pans out to be a huge mistake. Your twitter is full of hate messages, most posted yesterday, warning and threatening you to keep away from Jack.

'@(Y/Twitterhandle) Omg slut, back off Jack already. Thirsty much?'

'@(Y/Twitterhandle) Can you like, not touch Jack. Thanks hes mine. Bitch 😒'

'@(Y/Twitterhandle) Wooooow of all the people he's done videos with, you suck the most. You barely even talked. Boring. 👎'

'@(Y/Twitterhandle) Stay the fuck away from @Jack_Septic_Eye you have no right being in his videos #fuckyou.'

'@Jack_Septic_ Eye why the hell are you doing videos with this nobody @(Y/Twitterhandle)? My channel has like 300 thousand more subs.'

After making yourself sick reading hate, you do you best to scroll past it whenever you find it, finding another few common posts.

'@(Y/Twitterhandle) and @Jack_Septic_Eye, sitting in a tree. 🙄😗 #shipped'

'@Jack_Septic_Eye are you dating @(Y/Twitterhandle)? You two are so cute together! Please do another video together! #parkour #fingerguns'

'Just watched @(Y/Twitterhandle) try to teach @Jack_Septic_Eye parkour. Never shipped anything so hard in my life. 😍 #Jacksepticeye #hopthatwall'

'@(Y/Twitterhandle) @Jack_Septic_Eye, I made fanart! Shipping you guys so hard! #fanart #ships #cute.' There was crudely sketched picture attatched to this, clearly done in a processor like paint, but it showed Jack leaping over a small crack with you cheering him on in the background, the next pannel showed him standing in front of you with blushies in his cheeks, the next pannel you had blushies in your cheeks, the last pannel he kisses you, a nervous bead of sweat on your forehead. You swallow and scroll past it.

Curiousity gets the best of you, and you eventually click to his profile, hoping to see the kind of feedback he is getting from the whole ordeal. At first you're expecting alot of the same kind of messages you were getting, lots of hate, probably directed at you, some shipping, some whining, but you were shocked to find something entirely different.

'@Jack_Septic_Eye why no video? You ok?'

'@Jack_Septic_Eye waited around all day for your video, are you not doing one today? 😭 #heartbroken'

'@Jack_Septic_Eye wheres today's video! You're the best part of my day! Where did you go? 😢😢 #missingyou #video?"

'@Jack_Septic_Eye video videO vidEO viDEO vIDEO VIDEO!!!! #video'

You raise your eyebrow scrolling through all the tweets, confusion reeling in your head. You dont understand, after all, you helped him film the dancing video today. Did he just not upload it? Suddenly realization clicks, remembering that Jack had walked out your fron door empty handed earlier. You turn around in your seat slowly and find his camcorder still docked in your station. You swallow to youself. No way he can edit and upload without that.

You sigh and walk over to it, releasing it from its dock to flip it open and rewatch the video on the small little screen, laughing to yourself a little, remembering the whole incident, that is untill the last song comes on. Your heart sinks in your chest as you watch the two of you sway back and forth in the center, your mouths moving but you cant hear what you were saying. Not that you need to, the words are burned into your brain permanently now. You pause the video and turn the camera off, closing the veiw and setting it on your desk. You'll give it back tomorrow, its nearly two am now.