Proper Date

Getting cleaned up after your early morning run, you decide to dress in something a tad bit less than casual. Not that you're one to have fancy cocktail dresses spewn about in your closet, but a nice pair of black jeans and a classy V-neck tee fits the bill enough for you. You even decide to do your hair, tying it up into a loose braid and draping it over your shoulder. After all, this is your first proper date in years.

  At least you hope its a date. A mutual one that is. For all you really know, he could just be taking you on around the block. That is to mean that he that he doesnt feel the same. You hope he does, for the sake of your slowly replenishing emotional health that is. You really dont know what to expect when the two of you get the chance to talk between yourselves. Whether or not he will show any anger or resentment for your previous actions or not, is left to be determined.

  You walk back over to your computer and sigh at it. You completely dropped the ball, falling asleep at your desk after starting the editing on the video you did with Mark and Jack, so it still hasnt seen public eyes. You promise yourself that you will edit both that one and today's footage when you get home, and upload both today, to make up for missing a video yesterday.

  You grab your hightops and slip them on, trying to determine if you look presentable when you hear a shuffling ruckus coming from the livingroom. Pinching your eyebrows together, you cautiously peek your head out of your bedroom to explore the noise.

  Jack stands, stooped over, breathing hard in front of your open livingroom window, and you cant help but laugh, catching his attention. He smiles up at you amusedly.

"How the hell do you do that every time?" He asks, standing straight to glance back at the window. You pretend to dab imaginary sweat from his brow.

"Practice. And undeniable richeousness." You say, grinning widely. He snatches the hand dabbing at his brow and brings it to his lips with a gentle kiss, before interlocking his fingers with yours.  Your breath hitches at his quick movement, and from the sudden warmth pooling into your body from just a mere touch. You cant help the smile that crawls across your lips.

"You know how beautiful it is when you blush?" He asks, pulling you slightly toward him with your interlocked hands. Are you blushing? You hadnt even noticed. He reaches up to your face with his free hand, tracing his thumb across the warmth in your cheek, causing the blush to worsen, and him to smile wider.

  You force yourself to enjoy the way he looks at you instead of panicking, gathering yourself enough to smile back and gently tug him toward the front door. He follows easily, as if agreeing that the two of you have plans to get to.

  You lead him to the car, your fingers still entwined before he releases to walk around the opposite side to climb in. You both buckle your seatbelts once settled in. You turn to him and smile with a cocked eyebrow.

"So what do we have on the agenda today?" You ask, having a few things you decided you need to do already in mind. Jack looks out the windshield, off into the distance, looking thoughtful.

"I want to get to know more about you. So why dont we go to your favorite place for lunch?" He asks with a smile. You nod thoughtfully, already having a place in mind.

"Sounds great. But I need to make one little stop before that. Is that ok?" You ask, not wanting to make it seem as though it were more important than him. He nods understsndingly.

"Sure, I dont mind." He says, holding out his hand sweetly. Staring at his hand a moment, you finally decide to take hold of it, smiling up at him as if you'd just accomplished a giant achievement. He giggles at you, squeezing your hand slightly.