Making Up.

You and Mark walk back around the front of the building from the maintenace door. The earlier emotions of stress and anxiety have melted away and now you feel better having talked it over with him. You stop him as he reaches for his door handle.

"Wait," you call out, rolling your lower lip between your teeth, giving yourself a quick once over. You're wearing a crop hoody over a sports bra and a pair of solid black sweatpants that are actually the bottom half of a tracksuit. Your sure your hair is a mess and you havent slept properly in days, no matter how often you found yourself in bed, leaving bags under your eyes. Plus you had just got done crying so you sure they now red and puffy on top of that.

"How do I look?" The question sounds stupid coming from your lips. You're the type of girl to wear Pj's around if you had nothing better to do, and you're constantly looking a wreck after your free running, so to ask if you looked good, and to have it matter, is foreign to you. Mark rolls his eyes, trying again for the door.

"I'm serious." You say, grabbing his attention once again. You're sure Jack has seen you looking worse, but this felt as though this needs you to look a bit more presentable. Mark sighs.

"(Y/N), stop it. You look fine. Really. I dont think hes gonna be looking at what you're wearing anyway. I think he'll just be happy to see you." He says, folding his arms over his chest. You swallow and nod, signifying that you are ready. He opens the door and leads you in. You look over and see him walking over to the couch, stopping midstep to do a double take at you and Mark.

  The moment your eyes lock with his, the familiar floating feeling wraps itself around you, causing your legs to feel like jello under your weight. Jack stares at you, a mix of emotions on his face for a split second. Happiness, disbelief, sadness, joy.

"Look at what the cat dragged in." You say, trying to break the awkward veil that fell over the room as you toss a thumb sugesstivly at Mark. He meows in response, causing the three of you to chuckle, effectively breaking the tension.

   In two steps he crosses the carpet and wraps himself around you, slightly lifting you off the gound in his embrace. You hug back, allowing yourself to sink into the feeling. His arms squeeze tightly, making it slightly hard to breathe, but you refuse to ask him to let go. The comfort is too great. For the first time in days you feel like you have the energy and motivation to go out on a run, just as long as you could come back to recieve another power charging hug.

"I missed you." He mumbles into your hair, seemingly more to himself than to you. You swallow away the anxiety.

"I missed you too." You whisper back quietly, unsure if he heard it untill he releases a deep sigh and kisses the top of your head. You catch sight of the smirk on Mark's face out of the corner of your eye. You only smile back.

  You and Jack finally break apart and stare at eachother a moment before Mark grabs both of your attention with a chuckle.

"What?" Jack asks before you could, chuckling along with Mark.

"Nothing, its just a cute scene is all." Mark says with a shrug, causing a slight pink to erupt over Jack's cheek. He turns to you with an odd smile.

"So I suppose he knows all about..." Jack looks for the word, seeming to purposely avoid the word 'us' to avoid scaring you off. Eventually he just leaves his statement to fade. You nod awkwardly.

"Sorry. Mark is kinda my walking talking diary." You say with a shrug. Mark nods agreeingly.

"Dont worry, bud, I shipped you two since day one." Mark says with a playful wink. You flip him off. It only elicits laughs out of the both of them.