~5~

After agreeing to help Sam to get the Saint Dismas' cross, we started planning our trip to Italy. We decided to call Victor Sullivan, our dear friend to help us one last time. Sam wasn't very pleased with getting Sully to work with us, but he managed to see our reasoning. Without Sully, we wouldn't get in.

Our plan was, that Sully would go to the estate with me as his escort, while Sam and Nate would come inside through a window.

So here we were, sitting in silence and waiting for the Drake brothers. I spent the entire morning preparing for this event. Not because of the other guests, but because of who would attend that event with me. No, I'm not talking about Sully. I'm talking about Samuel Drake. It is so weird how I am so nervous about seeing Sam at this event, I mean, he is my buddy. Mr. Smokey. So why am I this nervous? Is it because we haven't seen each other in so long? Or is it because I have feelings for---

"Would you stop doing that." Sully said while dragging his cigar.

"Stop what?"

"You're fidgeting your foot to the ground... If you keep doing that, I might think it's going to make a hole on it."

I looked at my feet and saw me doing it. I'm way too nervous about this... Calm your ass down, Beth. "Sorry..." I said and sat down next to Sully.

He was wearing a very clean and simple tux with a bow on his neck. I wore a shock blue blouse with long sleeves and a deep V neckline, and black pants with attached train. I paired them with black stilettos, that hurt like hell. After this heist, I'm burning these shoes alive.

Finally I hear speaking from outside of the window, and decided to approach it.

"You alright?" I recognized that voice for Nathan,

"Yeah. How do I look?" Sam asked nervously.

"Like four hundred million bucks. Let's go, I don't think anyone's gonna be looking you. Or is there someone on your mind who'd be watching...?" Nathan asked with playful tone and it made my cheeks blush a little. We're just friends with Sam, gosh.

"Come on, Nate it's nothing like that between me and..." they both hopped into the dim daylighted room and I watched as the both saw me standing next to the window where they both had just appeared from.

"---Birdie." Sam said as he saw me. Part of it continuing the sentence he had started, and part of it being surprised to see me so close.

"Nathan," I paused for a moment and moved my gaze to Sam "Smokey." I said and grinned at them.

The Drake brothers continued their way to the darkly lit couch.

"Sully?" Nate asked.

"Know what I love about partying with a bunch of crooks?" Sully asked Nathan playfully

"What's that?" Nate asked with a smile in his voice.

"Nobody cares if you smoke indoors." he chuckled and they catchedup briefly. Sam and Sully's greetings were more colder than Nate and Sully's, but it was still something.

"And I'm sure you've met Elisabeth." Sully said and he pointed at me.

"Sure we have." Nate said and pulled me into one armed hug.

"Good that you both made it." I say and moved from Nate to Sam.

"Wow... you look." Sam said with a little smile on his face.

"You don't look so bad either, Smokey." I smiled at him and he pulled me in a hug.

"Good to see you again, Birdie." he said

"You too." I smiled and pulled away to look his face and watch his eyes for a moment. They haven't stopped sparkling since that first night I met him.

He tugged a small strand of hair behind my ear that was falling from my sophisticated bun and gave me a small smile.

"Okay, let's try keeping him alive by getting this cross, huh?" Nathan interrupted

"Yeah... about that. I'll show you something." Sully informed, and we all walked to the inside balcony as he pointed at the cross which was placed on a table for everyone to see. "They changed the lot order." Sam huffed

"Take a whole pile of cash to make that happen." Sully hinted

"Well, there's gotta be some way we can grab it." Nathan said.

Sam chuckled and turned to us. "Jesus, you guys act like you've never spent time in prison. If you want something dirty done, then you wait for..."

"Lights out" All four of us said in unison. After that, we started planning our diversion around the table.

"Someone needs to be right next to the cross when the lights go out, since we have so little time to work with the darkness. But how do we do that, without being noticed?" Sully said and as he finished a young lady with a waitress outfit comes to our table.

"Scusate, signori... Antipasti?" she asked and while the others turned and declined, Sam turned his full body towards the waitress and give her his playboy smile.

"Hi. How are you?" he flirted

"Would you focus?" Nathan complained

"A waiter wouldn't get noticed." he said and dropped the finger food in his mouth

"You sure as hell noticed her." I said in a bitter tone. Wasn't planning on sounding like a jealous girlfriend, which I am not, but my mouth speaks before my mind thinks and it only made Sam grin wider.

We dealt our duties. Me and Sully will be keeping our eyes on the cross, while Sam steals the cross wearing a waiter's outfit and Nate gets to the breaker room and kills the power.

¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨

A/N: This was kind of boring chapter, but I promise next one will have a lot of action ;)

Feel free to vote and comment :3!

Lots of Love,

Violet O.