~11~

The next morning I wake up in my own bed, feeling a bit weirded out by what happened last night. I had sex with Sam. Smokey. My buddy, Sam. Oh, god. But do I feel guilty about it? Or do I feel happy? Sad? Hungry for more? I don't know. I mean, it's not like it was the best thing that happened in my entire life, but did he feel so too? Does he feel guilty? Happy? Sad?

I stretched my limbs when a thought hit me. Is it going to be awkward today?  Yesterday, not only did I have a fight with Nathan, but few hours later I saw his brother naked. Oh...baby Jesus. It's going to be so awkward. Should I go home? But how? Sully has probably already left here with his plane. Fuck, shit, god damn it.

I decided to gather my strength and pack my bags, which I should've done yesterday. I think I left about half of the items I carried with me in the hotel room.

I heard a knock on the door, and I went to open it. Sam was standing in front of me with his bag lying on the ground next to him. He looks like he's been up for a while now, while I look like I've been up all night.

"Oh... hey. Um..." I say while eyeing his face, especially his smile. Those lips were on me yesterday. SHuT iT bRain.

"Ready to go?" he asks. Isn't this not bothering him at all? Did we not just have the sexiest night ever?

"Oh! Yeah, totally. Let's go." I say as I quickly take my bag and my phone from the table.

~~

We arrive at our reserved boat and start our trip to Libertalia. Sam was steering the boat, while Nathan was looking around him and I sat on the floor, and back of the boat, and tried not to think about anything else. The sea was beautifully clear and blue, sun shining over us and the wind was cooling us down.

We didn't talk much on our trip on the boat. We exchanged a few words with Sam, and fewer words with Nathan. Nate and Sam spoke to each other, and I let them have their conversation. I didn't want to make this any weirder than it already is. At least for me.

The clouds were gathering over the big sky, and small drops of water started to pour on us. Through the rocky paths, mudslides and climbing, we finally found a big statue of Henry Avery. He was holding a binocular in one hand that pointed to a certain direction. Nathan climbed there, and informed us that there was an island, assumed to be Libertalia.

"You know it is just us here? You're allowed to feel just a little bit of excitement over this." Sam said to us. Me and Nathan were awfully serious and determined to go there and pick the damn treasure. At least, that's what we wanted to think.

"I'll get excited when we get Alcazar's noose off your neck." Nathan said with seriousness. Once Sam was about to call out Nathan's lie, he saw something approaching the island. The Shoreline. Rafe...

"We need to leave, now." Nathan said and we started sprinting to our boat and when we got there and started to make our leave, while Sam was preparing something at the back of the boat, and Nathan at the front, I walked to Nate.

"Just... promise me you will get that treasure before Rafe gets it." I said to him.

"Well, isn't that the plan?" Nathan said like it was obvious

"No, but..." I took his arm and yanked him to face me. "Get to Libertalia before Rafe." I looked at his eyes. "No matter what." I said to him in a shaky voice. If something would happen to me on the way, and I couldn't continue, I needed to make sure Nathan went to Libertalia with Sam. And I wanted to make sure, that he really cared about Sam more than the treasure.

He looked at me with concern and confusion, then he sighed. "I promise." he said and I patted him on the shoulder and he started the boat.

The sea raged, and water poured from the cloud filled sky. The rain was watering us completely and the boat swung like crazy.

"They're gaining on us!" Sam yelled through the rain and angry waves as he went to shoot them. I joined his side with my pistol and aimed at the other boats.

Nathan dodged the mines as best as he could, until one hit the boat throwing Nathan to the water. I immediately went to hunt with my eyes for Nate, when I heard Sam curse under his breath.

"The engine's out! I can fix it, but find Nate!" he yelled and went back to the engine.

The water poured to my face, and it was getting harder for me to see through the rain. 

"Nathan!" I yelled as I saw him lurking from the water. He swam to the boat, and with luck, Sam got the engine fixed. I hopped on the driver's seat and started to drive it.

Thunder started blasting in the sky, I was having trouble seeing straight from the fog. Sam and Nathan kept shooting the boats, successfully.

"On your right!" Sam yelled, and I wasn't sure if he yelled to me or to Nathan. I turned my head right, and saw a flaming ship coming towards us. I tried to maneuver the boat away from it, but I was too late. The ship hit the boat and the boat crashed under it, tipping to the water with force.

The last words I heard were muffled from the water and I slowly lost my consciousness.

¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨

A/N: Heheheh, I had to leave a cliffhanger over here ;D

Feel free to vote and comment :3!

Lots of Love,

Violet O.