~10~

Sitting at the counter with our second drinks, we are in full silence. At first, it was comfortable, but now I'm starting to feel anxious. We haven't spoken a lot since he came back, and now I don't know where to start. Fifteen years. A lot happened in fifteen years.

A young guy approaches our seats and sits down next to mine. He is dark and handsome, but not my type.

"Hey." he says in sensual voice.

I ignore him, not taking my eyes from my drink.

"American? You're very good looking. Can I buy you a drink?" he asks, in harsh accent I cannot recognize, and moves a little closer.

Then I remember. Whenever me and Sam where at a bar and we didn't planned on getting dates, we'd pretend to be a couple. So I grabbed Sam's hand and put it around my neck.

"Sorry. My boyfriend wouldn't approve that." I said and looked at Sam in the eyes. He was startled for a moment, then he relaxed into it.

"That's right." Sam clears his throat and moves his gaze from me to the young man.

"Oh. I.. Sorry." he says and goes away from us to another full table.

"Nicely handled." I say and remove my grip from his hand. It takes a second for him to remove his hand from my neck and we both get back to our drinks.

"I'm glad he bought the whole boyfriend-girlfriend act with just a hand over your shoulder. In other case, I would've have to kiss you." he says mischievously.

"So you're glad you didn't get to kiss me?" I turn my body towards him and lower my glass. "You'd be lucky if you could kiss me."

"You wanna find out how lucky I'd be?" he lowers his glass and turns his body towards me.

I laugh and give him a gentle bump.

"Seriously though? I mean, fifteen years without a woman's touch---"

"Oh my god, Sam." I shake my head and continued giggling. 

I finish my drink and stand up.

"You're leaving me now? Wow, my first rejection in fifteen years. Still feels as bad as it did back then."

"I'm just using the bathroom, be right back." I nudge him lightly and make my way to the bathroom.

I stand in front of the mirror to wash my hands. I try to take paper, but I don't find any on the counter or anywhere near me. A moment later a woman with a small pixie cut hair and jean vest comes beside me.

"Fuck." I start to shake my hands and the woman offers me a napkin. I take it and give a small smile. "Thanks."

"No problem. This place never has hand towels or anything, so I need to bring my own if I want my hands clean and dry."

"You come here often?" I say and dry my hands while trying to fix my hair, that are down and free, showing my beautiful blond hair that fades from my brown roots.

"Yeah. This is my regular place. But I don't often end up talking to pretty girls." Our eyes lock momentarily in the mirror and I give a small smile. Ooh...

"I was wondering if I could buy you a drink, and maybe we could get to know each other." OOH...

"Um... I'm here with my boyfriend, so..." I say awkwardly

"You're straight?"

"Yeah..."

"What are you doing here then?" she said