~20~

"Shit. Shit!" Sam hissed. "How are we gonna get to there if Rafe's already here."

"We can figure this out. I mean. I bet there is a shitload of gold." I smiled "Sharing is caring, right?"

Sam watched me like I was a mad man "When Rafe gets there, he is gonna blow that ship up and then we sure are not gonna get a piece of that treasure."

"Well, we're late then" I sighed as I saw Nadine and the mercenaries loading the gold to the biggest boat they had.

"They might've put bombs already in there." I sat down and leaned against the big rock "Well? What now?"

Sam looked troubled but then he lightened up "Rafe wouldn't be that stupid that he would blow up the whole ship before he had atleast half of the treasure," he kneeled in front of me "or, he would atleast make sure that ship would sink." he spread his arms "so as long as he is here, that ship is still standing."

I raised my eyebrow and looked over to my right. A boat was sailing with one soldier on a little flybridge. I looked at Sam with a grin.

"Wanna do the honours?" I asked mischievously

"Gladly, Birdie." he said as he stood up and sneaked to the boat. With one quick move, the soldier was over board.

I ran past the wooden dock and hopped on the boat. Sam started it, and we were on our way to Avery's ship.

All we heard was Rafe's agonizing scream before we both were on the ship.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Push!" I yelled as we both tried to get a door open.

"I am pushing!" Sam marked

"Well clearly. Not." I banged my shoulder to the door "E-" I pushed again "-nough" and with that, the door opened and we both fell to the ground.

That space was filled with gold. Gold pennies, gold jewelry... the list was endless.

We both got up and took in our surroundings.

"We did it." I said.

"We did it." Sam echoed and began to smile. "Holy shit, we did it!" he declared and took me in his arms and spun me around. I giggled and once he put me down we looked each other and smiled.

"Ready on three?" Sam asked

"One" I started

"Two" he continued

"Three!" we said and began to hoard every single coin we found on the floor.

Once we got our pockets filled with them Sam spoke up.

"I sure wish I had a camera right now." he sighed

"Yeah. This place is beautiful." I spun around "Well, uh... except for these two fellas." I said pointing two lying skeletons with pirate clothes.

Sam jogged to my side "Holy..." he said "They must be...Avery and Tew."

"You're saying they killed each other?"

"Yeah... I mean. What else would you excpect from two wealthy but greedy pirates?" he asked as he kneeled and inspected the swords that were inpaled by the mens stomach.

"Well...well...well..." we heard from the door. "Isn't it my two favourite yet awfully annoying treasure hunters."

"Rafe." I spit out.

He held a pistol to us "Elisabeth." he said "Samuel."

"Look, we were just getting our part of the share. No need to hold us at a gunpoint." Sam said and got to his feet.

"You think you're getting a share from this?" Rafe asked with clenched teeth. "I'm not letting you two go until you are dead."

I looked past Rafe and saw little black boxes lying around the deck. He had already imprinted bombs here.

I looked Rafe directly into his eyes and pulled my gun out. I shot at one of the boxes and it bursted out into flames which threw Rafe to his knees.

Sam ran to him and kicked Rafe's gun out and they began to hit each other.

Few seconds later I started to hear screeching from the treasure. The flame from the upper deck had flooded to the treasure.

A big pole started to wobble and as the flames started to rise, the pole weakened more. At that moment I realized my shoe was stuck between the wooden floor and I couldn't get it out.

"Oh no..." I said as I realized that pole was gonna hit me. "Sam!" I yelled in panic

"Beth!" Sam screamed and runned towards me after he had pushed Rafe to the ground.

As the pole began to fall, Sam ran faster and pushed me out of the way.

I stumbled to the ground without a harm.

"Thanks, Sam I almost---" I took a sharp inhale when I turned my eyes to Sam. He was under the pole.

"SAM!" I screamed and quickly moved to his side. "God, no. No. No no no. Please be alive." I put my ear to his nose and mouth and listened. He was breathing. Thank God. But he was still unconscious.

I heard Rafe mumbling while struggling on getting up to his feet.

"You little asshole." Rafe barked. "You almost killed me!"

"How on earth are you suprised by that?" I yelled and stood up to my feet.

"I am a little." he spoke as he walked calmly to pick up his gun. "Didn't think you had it in you."

My breathing fastened, my eyes narrowed and I could feel the anger build inside me.

"Suck. My. Dick." I said, and started sprinting towards Rafe.

Then I heard a bang.

"""""""""""""""""""
A/N: I know I'm awful for leaving the chapter at a cliffhanger but I had to :D what do you think the bang was? :o

Feel free to vote and comment! :3

Lots of Love, Violet O.