~22~

Nathan and Rafe began to swordfight against each other, while I tried to get Sam from under the big wood blank. My eyes were fluttering close as I started to feel tired from the blood loss. No. I needed to save Sam. 

I coughed, and a sudden adrenaline rush ran through my body. I lifted the blank again, but nothing happened. I cried out loud from the frustration.

I watched as Rafe was over Nathan. Nathan was without a weapon while Rafe pointed his sword to Nate. That's when Sam woke up, coughing.

"Oh thank god!" I said "Are you hurt?" I asked him.

"Birdie?" he asked "Where's--" he started but then he looked to his right and saw Nate and Rafe battling. Nathan tried to dodge Rafe's attacks, but he managed to get few hits.

Sam searched around him and finally pointed to a direction. I quickly retrieved the sword that was on the floor.

"Nate!" I yelled and then threw the sword to him.

"We need to get out of here." I said as my breathing got slower. I'd loss so much blood that I started feeling sleepy, but somehow I managed to stay conscious.

Then there was a loud crash. A big pile of gold objects lied on the floor, and Rafe was nowhere in sight. Nathan crawled to us and we all tried lifting the blank...but it was no use.

"It's too heavy." Sam said

"Nonono, we have to try harder, come on!" I said desperately.

"It's no use." Sam gave up

"Try again!" Nathan yelled, but Sam didn't try anymore. I started seeing black dots in my sight and feeling more sleepy. My power started to fade as I tried to lift it up.

"Listen to me! Listen to me!" Sam said to us. "All I ever wanted to do, was find this treasure with you two."

"Shut it, Sam we need to---" I said desperately.

"Hey, hey. We did it. Okay? We did it. We found it." Sam said as he hold on to Nathan.

Nathan shook his head as he tried to argue with Sam. Sam eyed me and Nate.

"You gotta go." Sam said

"There's gotta be something.." Nathan stood up and walked around the place. My eyes started to flutter close. I shook my head, and blinked but my surroundings stayed blurry.

"Listen to me," Sam said "You both need to get out of here! Beth is losing a lot of blood and if you don't go this place is going to blow up!"

Then Nate got it. There was a canon near him, and he aimed it to the floor. 

Bang! Water splashed and started flowing inside. Nate moved quickly to us, and I gained my last powers to lift the blank up, which was now a lot lighter now that it was underwater. Sam got out and took my arm around his neck immediately.

"Can you swim now? Are you good?" he asked and I just nodded quickly. We dived underwater and swam out of the ship.

As soon as we were at water surface I started to swim with everything I got. The more I swam, the more blood I lost and the more weaker I got.

"Sam..." I said faintly as I started to lose my consciousness. My body went slowly underwater and all I saw was darkness.

"Don't you give up now, Birdie." I heard with echo. 

"Please. We are almost there." I heard

"Nonono, Beth, stay with me." 

"Stay...with...me."

I felt my lungs fill with air, but my breastbone burnt. 

I coughed and rolled to my side. Now I noticed that we were on the shore, out of water.

"Are you okay?" Sam asked as he sat next to me. 

"I'm--" I coughed "fine."

"Sam had to pull you out of water." Nate said "Once we got to the shore, you weren't breathing and Sam had to apply CPR."

I examined myself and noticed he had also ripped a string from my tea shirt and applied it on top of my gunwound. My leg felt numb because of it. 

I looked at Sam "You saved my life."

He didn't say anything but hugged me. 

After a few seconds he turned to face me an inch away from my face. He placed both of his hands to my face, that were now covered in my own blood. "Don't ever do that again, okay?" he said silently while keeping his hands on my face. 

I placed my hand to his cheek and smiled as much as my strength let me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We were sitting on Sully's plane. Elena and Nathan were in deep conversation as Sam treated my bullet wound and his own too.

"You sure you don't need to go to the hospital, dear?" Sully asked from his pilot seat.

"No, I'm good. I feel a lot better already." I said and genuinely smiled to him.

"Thought I lost you in there." Sam said silently to me

"I guess, we're even now." I grinned at him and he breathed out a humourless laugh.

"Thought I lost you there too." I said silently. "I mean, you saved me twice. First you saved me from that falling blank on the ship, and then when I was drowning."

He didn't say anything but kept on treating my bullet wound which had only scratched me.

"I just wanna say..." I put my hand on his hand to stop them. I waited for Sam to look me in the eyes and once he did I started speaking again. "Thank you."

He sighed and looked down. He held my hands and caressed his thumb over my knuckles.

For the rest of the flight we simply sat next to each other as I leaned on Sam's shoulder.

"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

A/N: That was a lot of actionista :D Also! I will upload another chapter too today! ;) Which will be... the epilogue :O meaning... Man of Fortune is coming to an end :( but don't be saddo! :3 I will probably start editing this whole thing cus I just wanna change it a little bit :3 the whole story will be the same! But it will be a lot more high-quality :D Because gracious does this story have typos and mistakes and things I forgot to add :'D

Feel free to vote and comment! :3

Lots of Love, Violet O.