Chapter 4: Honesty

Being open and honest to another person about ourselves, in an attitude that reflects self-responsibility, is very critical to recovery. It's very important to admit what we have done wrong to others and to ourselves. Remember that it is okay to talk about issues that bothers you; It is the sharing of those issues that you will grow beyond them. Remember that it's okay to be selective about those in whom you confide. You can trust your instincts and choose someone who will not use your disclosures against you, and who will give you positive health feedback. Trust is not something you can just buy at a grocery store. It's rather something that you earn, and the way to do that is to remain honest. Honesty is marked as being free from deceit or untruthfulness; being sincere. Remain educated and also disciplined. Honesty and nobility should come from within. Do not speak to boast, but rather speak to inspire. Never try to go down, but always try to aim higher. People should respect you not because you're nice, but because of the love you have for Christ. Do not stand for things, that will bring you down, places and people that will keep you bound. You should be able to stay obliged on keeping your Integrity, respecting others with positive solidarity. Speaking the truth allows you to remain positive and develop a mature state of mind. People love to be able to rely on someone they can trust. Someone who is mature enough to learn from their mistakes and be opened to any suggestion from others on how to make it right. Stop trying to fit in by lying about who you are to others just for them to like you. If people doesn't like you for who you are, then they mean you no good and they will never be better off in life. Be honest, stay focused and look how much you can impact the world in a positive manner.