Chapter 37: Do not give up

A wise man once told me that giving up is a way of telling your enemies that they are stronger than you. Giving up, some persons might add is a form of failure, and surrendering to failure as we all know it is weakness. Often times we go through rough patches in our lives that will persuade us in giving up. Those rough patches are rather tests in which we will prove to our loved ones, or friends and the ones who stay beside us no matter what, that we are stronger than giving up. We are more than allowing our emotions get the best of us in a way in which it deprives us of making the right choice, and get up no matter how much we fall down. Striving to achieve our most cherished desires is not something that comes easily. Reaching for the stars is painful. It's hard work! The truth is, not everyone will achieve their dreams. Everyone can, but not everyone will.  And the reason behind all that is, too many people give up on their dreams way too soon. They run out of steam, they lose their enthusiasm, they become demotivated. What many of those who quit too soon don't realize, is that they do have what it takes. They have what it takes, because there is a second wind that exists in all of us. A reserve of energy and enthusiasm that exists even when we feel like we have nothing left to give. But, the only way to tap this reserve, is by deciding to keep moving forward.  To not give up. To try one more time. To push through the pain regardless of how hard and impossible it gets. The Bible stated in Galatians 6:9; "Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up." No matter how much you think that it's not working out, no matter how much you think that you're not getting it. No matter how much you think that you're wasting your time doing something that will not work, you might just be a stone throw away from getting it. You might be a stone throw away from getting that car you've been saving for. The house you wanted, or even having kids. Sometimes when we try to have kids, and it might not work out the first 3 times; the forth might just be your lucky number. Think about the many opportunities that you're losing out on if you decides to give up. In stead of giving up too quick, remind yourself that you are a child of God, and we never ever run from a battle.