Chapter 7: Making the right decision

Decision making is the action, or process of making the right choices. Sometimes those choices may not be the ones you really hoped for, but at the end of the day they are the right choices for you; they will allow you to be better, to at least feel better about yourself and gain new knowledge on how you can learn to accept the decisions made. It's just like a teenager who got pregnant at a tender age. A woman has the rights to choose if her child lives or dies. The decision that will arise may not be the one she had hoped for, but for her own self-development and future goals, it will allow her to further her education and become someone constructive in life. Making the wrong decision also may cause a major setback to the educational aspects of that mother. Often time the persons who would normally consider aborting a child is a teenage girl. We all know that education is not just the pathway to success, but it is the number one fundamental gate way out of poverty and crime. There was an incident which took place five years ago with a 15 years old girl who got pregnant. She was a three times champion in English language in her class at a particular school, which she would always get the award for first place in that subject. She nevertheless decided to keep the baby with the supervision of her parents. Where she is now? She is now at home struggling to take care of a five and a half years old son, leaving her unemployed and not in school. She had the choice of either keeping the child, or do what needed to be done and further her education in school. If she had considered making the right decision and further her education, she would be looking towards a scholarship in school. Sometimes making the wrong decisions means that you would have to prepare to face the consequences that may evolve. If you aren't sure about the decision you want to make, getting another person's input will sometimes help to make your decisions easier. Do not try to make a decision based on how it could just make you alone feel better. Decision making is not a one person feel good act, for if you make a simple mistake in what you decide to do, not only will you put your self in danger, but also the people around you. It's best to get different ideas and ways how to go about making the right decision that will not just make you happy, but also those around you.