Chapter 18: Being confident

To achieve our personal goals and make ourselves truly happy, we need to develop and maintain our self-confidence and self-respect. It is important that we remain confident in anything that we do. Confidence is the cornerstone of leadership. If you don't believe in yourself, how can others believe in you? The Bible says in Philippians 4:13, " I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." It is the believing of those words that will allow you to be confident enough to reach limits you only dream of reaching. It is essential that you get things done if you want to be more confident in life. Confidence is built on accomplishment. If you achieve small and big goals, you're going to feel much better about yourself. It begins with your day-to-day goals, what do you need to accomplish today, and every day this week or three days this week to help meet your goal? If you accomplish the goals you set for every day, chances are you will begin meeting weekly and monthly goals, which brings you in range of your bi-annual and annual goals. Keep in mind that progress is incremental, and big changes do not happen overnight. You're going to feel like you can take a big project, and set an ambitious goal because you believe you can meet it. Set a goal for yourself, and go for it. That way your confident will increase and you feel better about yourself daily and nothing will ever stop you from reaching milestones in life.