Chapter 29: Teamwork

What do you think teamwork is? Is it the action of doing a specified task for a team member for the job to be completed? Or is it the combined action of doing a specified task with a team member for the job to be completed successfully? Often times we misunderstood the essence of teamwork. A team will never be permanently successful if one member is trying to do more than the other. A team is not bragging to another member because he/she can do more work than the other. A team is the combination of all ideas and skill to the completion of a given task, or even to reach a specific goal in life. One major key to a teamwork is a good communication skill. If a member fails to portray good communication skill, then that team is bound to fail. Whether you are in business, retail, healthcare, education or another industry, odds are good that teamwork makes up part of your day-to-day work life. When teamwork goes well, it distributes the work among professionals in ways that make it easier to reach goals and excel in the industry. Good communication skills are integral to any team's success and the overall success of the business. Good communication kill to an industry is the crucial component of making goals reachable. The team leader communicates project expectations to all the players, and work is divided fairly based on each person's unique strengths and qualifications. This means nobody has to be responsible for or able to do everything. While one person excels at client care, another person has stellar presentation skills; yet another can organize computer documents in her sleep. Clear communication makes these things evident so that deadlines are less stressful and objectives are met and exceeded with ease. The the book of Proverbs 27:17 tells us that, Iron sharpens iron; so a man sharpens the countenance of his friend. Teamwork is an important action is the success of anything one sets out to accomplish. "No man is an island, and no man stands alone." There is nobody that has ever gone through life being successful without the help of another. We need or brothers and sisters to help steer us to a more successful future, and teamwork is the number one fundamental process in doing so. Do not be arrogant to your ability to get the job done, for one can only get a job done temporarily, but teamwork is permanent.