Chapter 24- Frank

Chapter 24

Frank

     Frank woke up to someone shaking his arm. He opened his eyes to find the sun rising into the blue sky. He was on the roof of the Argo II, for he had fallen asleep up there last night.

     Hazel stood over him with a shaky look on her face. Without speaking, she pointed to the ground. She jumped, and he followed quickly.

     There was a shouting match. And everyone was participating.

     Annabeth was yelling at Piper, and the she was yelling back. Soon enough it became physical when they began to push each other around.

      Leo was yelling at Percy and Jason. The two were hastily defending themselves.

     “What in the name of Pluto is going on?” Frank yelled.

     The five looked at him and yelled at the same time, “It’s not my fault!”

     “One at a time,” Hazel said calmly.

     Piper stepped forward. “First of all, this girl is obsessed with finding something called the Doors of Death.” She pointed at Annabeth. “Leo wants to relax. Percy and Jason say we should be alert. And I still don’t remember anything!” She stomped her foot before bursting into hot, angry tears. Everyone stared at her.

     Suddenly, a black pegasus flew down and landed next to Percy. He yelped, “Dude, I told you to go to camp, Blackjack!”

     Blackjack made Percy sit on his back. Like a soft wind, a wind horse ran up to Jason. He flinched before saying, “Tempest?”

     There was a voice in Frank’s mind. You demigods are enemies. You must fight to show your hate.

     Like an explosion, everything happened at once. Jason on Tempest and Percy on Blackjack, they charged, their blades meeting with so much force sparks flew. A hurricane with waves followed Percy, and a lightning storm followed Jason. Two incredibly strong demigods were fighting for the death.

     Piper had pulled out her knife, and now was trying to defend herself as Annabeth glowed silver and used some complicated techniques.

     Leo was circling Hazel, both of them using their gifts. Hazel had gems in her hand and was throwing them. Leo lit himself on fire and charged.

     Frank felt so weak when he found himself not fighting anyone. The voice of Gaea hadn’t affected him like it had affected the others. So he marched forward, limping ever so slightly from his sore ankle, and yelled, “Cut it out!”

     The fight stopped as quickly as it started. Everyone jumped about two feet like they got an electric shock before hitting the ground. The two mythical horses bucked their riders off their backs before they went off.

     “What just happened?” Annabeth asked, looking dazed.

     “Gaea spoke in your minds and you fought each other,” Frank said, not bothering to hide the disgust in his voice. “Annabeth, you were fighting Piper. Jason, you were fighting Percy. Leo, you were fighting Hazel.”

     “Well.” Hazel rubbed her temples. “Now we’re fighting.”

     Annabeth twirled her knife on the ground, sighing as she shifted her weight where she was sitting. “I say we go find the Doors of Death. See, at the Arch of Constantine, there was a silver owl glowing on the arch. None of you seemed to see it, so I kept it to myself. So I think I have to follow those owls to get to the Doors of Death.”